Dawn of the Dead 4 Disc Collector edition (1 Viewer)

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
Flesheaters from Hell - 2:50pm

When there is no more room in hell, the dead shall walk the earth. And, apparently, there are so many of them that only four discs could contain it. Yes, Anchor Bay Entertainment is unleashing a new Collector's Edition of George Romero's classic Dawn of the Dead on September 7th, and this four disc set (yes, four discs) just may be one of the most extensive ever created.

So, what are you gonna get? How about the film's theatrical cut, a new extended cut and the European "Zombie" Cut (each gets their own disc), presented in 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen with Dolby Digital 5.1 and 2.0 and DTS 5.1 surround tracks on the theatrical cut, Dolby 5.1 and 2.0 for the Euro cut, and Dolby mono only for the extended version, plus audio commentary with Romero, his wife Chris, makeup legend Tom Savini and moderator Perry Martin on the theatrical cut, producer Richard P. Rubinstein and Martin on the extended cut, and stars David Emge, Ken Foree, Scott H. Reiniger and Gaylen Ross on the Euro cut. Disc Four features the new 75-minute "The Dead Will Walk" documentary (featuring interviews with all of the above plus Claudio and Dario Argento, Pat and Tony Buba, Zilla Clinton, Michael Gornick, Claudio Simonetti and more), the original "Document of the Dead" documentary by Roy Frumkes, on-set home movie footage and a Monroeville Mall tour hosted by Romero. Other extras include five still galleries with domestic and international advertising, poster, lobby card and marketing materials, filmographies, a comic book preview, a Monroeville TV commercial, and theatrical trailers, TV and radio spots from around the world. Retail for this puppy will be $49.95.

yup - got it just to have em on dvd...the 4th disc uh 'document of hte dead' is some student video project and quite boring
i think it's anchor bay as well? the packaging isn't too hot...very poor typeography over original zombi cover (i think)

wasnt very impressed with the look of the box set at all, so bought them all seperately...

just got Maniac in the post, worth it to see tom savini's head explode... but the cunts in BBFC cut the scalping scenes.

by the way, in case anyone was interested in seeing the Zombi version, then dont bother. Its not worth it - edited to shit by Dario Argento, with all the gore removed and more dialogue put in... major yawn fest

did you notice on the back of the trilogy boxset that the pictures from dawn and day are mixed up??

it's funny cause anchor bay are usually pretty good at putting out high quality stuff. the chances of this coming out on anything but region 1 i'd say are pretty slim. fucked region 2 lameo's

also Hellboy is out on region 1 dvd in a couple of weeks. it hasn't even been given a date to be released here yet

george mcfly said:
also Hellboy is out on region 1 dvd in a couple of weeks. it hasn't even been given a date to be released here yet
Release dates for Hellboy (2004) says 3rd September.

Apparently it's because they only realised at the last minute that Hellboy was gonna be big, so they kept the reels they were gonna ship to Europe so they could play in more cinemas in the US.

Sucks.

THRILLHO said:
Release dates for Hellboy (2004) says 3rd September.

Apparently it's because they only realised at the last minute that Hellboy was gonna be big, so they kept the reels they were gonna ship to Europe so they could play in more cinemas in the US.

Sucks.
really?? that's miles away.. ah didnt they do something like that last year with freddy vs. jason?? and it ended up not coming out here til three months after it had been shown in the uk

Ron Pearlman looks deadly as Hellboy, i'm really glad they kept the makeup the same as the comic book. i think there was talk of the studio wanting him to just turn into Hell Boy when he gets pissed off, but del Toro wouldn't have any of it.
Also heard talk that he wants to turn The Mountains of Madness into a film, but says that it will take him five years to make
fuckin A

Ian said:
it's that suck ass 25th aniversary vertion of night in the set... AVOID!
i spotted a new version that's been scored by some raver spa

they have it in music city in dun laoghaire
looks shite

by the way boss, i must drop you down your video's at some stage soon

I sold yours on ebay for a fiver...

BTW ive spotted about 5 different dvd issues of Nightotld...
Which one is the REAL one????
HAve you ever seen that 25th aniversary one? jaaaaaaysus

My graphic novelisation rules all buh

the one i got from tower for 4.99 seems real enough

its the exact same as my colourized one, except its in black and white
i dont know whether its just from having watched the colourized version so much but anytime i watch it in black and white i keep thinking that its starting to change into colourvision

the only one that i've seen different is the shite 25th anniversary travesty

Ian said:
I sold yours on ebay for a fiver...

BTW ive spotted about 5 different dvd issues of Nightotld...
Which one is the REAL one????
HAve you ever seen that 25th aniversary one? jaaaaaaysus

My graphic novelisation rules all buh

The copyright on the original is all fucked up, so it's in the public domain. Which means you can fuck around with it and distribute it. I don't think there's a "real" one out there, just ones that have been fucked about with less than others.

nlgbbbblth said:
I taped my copy of BBC2 in 1995 - think it's 25th anniversary
ah it's actually the 30th anniversary edition that's the shite one (although there is a 25th anniversary one)

worth seeing if only for its jaw dropping audacity of adding new scenes made of entirely new shite footage shot by John Russo
it includes an appearance by the guy who plays the zombie in the graveyard at the start, reprising his role, even though quite obviously the years haven't been kind, even for somebody playing a zombie
i'm pretty sure Romero had absolutely nothing to do with it
check out for laughs only..

Ferget yer DVD's. You dudes shoulda been with the programme 10 years ago and got this shit on Laserdisc.
Like me. Commentary too. Probably never listened to it though.

The version I have on dvd is the music all rerecorded on trendy synths, sounds fucking awful...
and the bonus music video is the worst thing ive ever seen...
The colourised VHS is the closest we can expect to a difinative version i guess...

aint seen it...
Ive got all the ED movies on so many different formats at this stage i couldent justify buying the box set

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back