David Bowie returns (1 Viewer)

Yep the 70's were so impressive for Bowie, everything else goes downhill after Scary Monsters in 1980. I still think Lodger is a very underrated album, great tunes all over it, except for the 2nd last one 'Repetition', I think he was drunk. 'Red Sails' kicks ass!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The new comp is deadly; I opted for the 3CD one, and I'm tempted to get at least one of the vinyl versions, just to have. It's a very definitive collection, bang up to date and I like the reverse chronology approach.
I am listening to this now. Only took me 3 months!

'Red Sails' kicks ass!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is cool.

I was kind of hoping it was a cover of the Colm CT Wilkinson version of Red Sails in The Sunset though

I thought it sounded immediately dated. If he had released this just after Scott Walker brought out Tilt, I wouldn't have been surprised. I'll give it another go as everyone else seems to think it's great.

Fuck the zeitgeist. It's overrated. Drunk post. Just saying. Actually I dont agree with that.

Fuck the zeitgeist. It's overrated. Drunk post. Just saying. Actually I dont agree with that.
I'm not saying he needs to do dub step or whatever's cool now but all the best Bowie albums sounded like (and indeed in many cases still sound) like the imminent future. This sounds like an out take from his 90s electronic stuff to me.

I'm not saying he needs to do dub step or whatever's cool now but all the best Bowie albums sounded like (and indeed in many cases still sound) like the imminent future. This sounds like an out take from his 90s electronic stuff to me.

Yeah I get that but it's totally unreasonable to expect someone to keep doing that. It sounds like a decent addition to his body of work. Sure it's got the Scott Walker influence (as had one of the songs on Next Day) but it's not like popular music is now overrun with people picking up on Tilt. I'm happy enough that Bowie would do that. And I think this is a lot better than an outtake from a 90s album. It's better than most of the "big" tracks on his 90s albums (E.g. I'm Afraid Of Americans).

That song is great! You're all mad.

You know what was shite though? Where are we Now? Sounded like some sub-Radiohead crap from 1998 like Embrace or the Unbelievable Truth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back