Daniel Johnston - Dublin, July 11 (1 Viewer)

Am I missing something with this Daniel Johnston fella? All I've heard is a Spiritualized cover of one of his songs.

His appearances in Dublin seem to be greeted (on thumped) with a fervour akin to the coming of the messiah

his last gig was something pretty damn amazing, it has to be said. Pretty damn amazing.

i think he's shit. he can't sing or play guitar. what the fuck? is he a genius cause he's mental?

I only know a few songs and the movie about him. I like a few of the songs, especially Man Obsessed, which is the best Elvis Costello impression anyone has ever done. I think it's gas.

Sorry to bump this again so soon but a helpful guy at WAV tickets has told me that they're still selling tickets for 27th, but you can't get them online, it has to be over the phone - does anyone know what code to put in front of their number if you're dialling from the North? The number is 1890 200078 - I've tried 00353 in front of it and various combinations but none seem to work. Would really appreciate any help here guys - I promise I'll buy you a pint if you can help!! Thanks

Sorry to bump this again so soon but a helpful guy at WAV tickets has told me that they're still selling tickets for 27th, but you can't get them online, it has to be over the phone - does anyone know what code to put in front of their number if you're dialling from the North? The number is 1890 200078 - I've tried 00353 in front of it and various combinations but none seem to work. Would really appreciate any help here guys - I promise I'll buy you a pint if you can help!! Thanks

You can't call 1890 numbers from outside the republic, but there should be a landline number available (that the 1890 number directs to). Can you check with WAV if they have this number?

fan of 'lanark' by any chance?.... great book, that one...

If you have skype on your computer use skype out to dial the number - this often works for all of those 1890 etc type numbers that you cant diall normally internationslly

Yeah Palace, it's great! The avatar I've used is what comes up when you type in "Duncan Thaw" on Google image search too :-/

Thanks for all the advice (and the helpful people who PM'd me), I got through to Whelan's regular landline number who told me that they'd be able to sell me tickets - but only after 5pm (?).

Fingers crossed...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back