Daniel Johnston - Dublin, July 11 (2 Viewers)

i saw the first one in the bigger venue.
i guess "comfortable" is a bit strong. i guess what i meant was as comfortable as i could have imagined it being.
i did like it alot!

its ground level. But at ground level there are those seats at the back that anyone can usually take. Maybe thats the unreserved seating and there are standing tickets too? I don't wanna sit back there.

I've been to a few things there where they had put out cabaret-lounge type tables on the ground level, making it an all-seater venue. I'm guessing that this is what they'll be doing.

musicians accompanying Daniel Johnston for this performance will be

Brett Hartenbach (guitar)
Ronan Jackson (bass)
Ruadhan O' Meara (guitar)
Andy Clarke (drums)

I'm recognising local names here
Fair fuckin play lads!

yeah, Brett Hartenbach is from out Finglas direction

so what's the setlist going to be or do ye just play along with whatever daniel decides on the night?

on another note,
i might be driving up for this and was thinking of leaving car in red cow inn park and ride and get luas in, can you leave car in over night, how much and is it safe?
thanks

Saw him in NYC about 9 year ago and because he'd lost/ mislayed his song book (contained his lyrics) he apologetically only did about 3 songs (the ones he could remember). Quite bizarre

hey, all ground level tickets are unreserved. people can take seats on a first come first served basis. there are a handful of these tickets left in WAV [1890 200 078], Road and City Discs.

upstairs seated tickets are reserved to specific seats. a small amount of these tickets are available through Ticketmaster

a limited number of upstairs standing tickets are also now available.

hey, all ground level tickets are unreserved. people can take seats on a first come first served basis. there are a handful of these tickets left in WAV [1890 200 078], Road and City Discs.

upstairs seated tickets are reserved to specific seats. a small amount of these tickets are available through Ticketmaster

a limited number of upstairs standing tickets are also now available.

what's 'level 1 - standing', ground floor or upstairs?

Daniel Johnston sings in the back of a London cab:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

news from drownedinsound

Daniel Johnston is to tour in July, backed by some very special musicians.
These An Evening with Daniel Johnston and friends events will see the following play as backing players and support acts: Sparklehorse, Scout Niblett, Norman Blake (Teenage Fanclub), Jad Fair (Half Japanese) and James McNew (Yo La Tengo).
Tickets go on sale on Friday, May 2. UK/Ireland dates as follows:
July
23 Glasgow Old Fruit Market
24 Manchester New Century House
25 London Indigo2
27-28 Dublin Whelans

news from drownedinsound

Daniel Johnston is to tour in July, backed by some very special musicians.
These An Evening with Daniel Johnston and friends events will see the following play as backing players and support acts: Sparklehorse, Scout Niblett, Norman Blake (Teenage Fanclub), Jad Fair (Half Japanese) and James McNew (Yo La Tengo).
Tickets go on sale on Friday, May 2. UK/Ireland dates as follows:
July
23 Glasgow Old Fruit Market
24 Manchester New Century House
25 London Indigo2
27-28 Dublin Whelans
holy crap.

Am I missing something with this Daniel Johnston fella? All I've heard is a Spiritualized cover of one of his songs.

His appearances in Dublin seem to be greeted (on thumped) with a fervour akin to the coming of the messiah

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back