Daedelus(Ninja Tunes) flaps into Limerick for a free gig.... (1 Viewer)

johan doobay

331.jpg

Cheebah and Kerrynini present

Daedelus (Ninja Tunes, Plug Research Recordings)

@ The Cornmarket Bar, Limerick

Friday April 11th.

plus tunage from Peter Curtin, John Gough & Johnny Doobs.

Visuals by Rocksteady Kevie

No Coverage Charge :eek::eek::eek:, music from 9pm.

Daedelus, the eccentric, electronic maestro of the Pacific is one of LA's most daring new artists. This young musical romantic weaves together a true "love-sound" that falls between honeyed melody and avant-electronics. Daedelus chops and splices disparate acoustic sources into incredible works of staggering resonance. Contrasting IDM styled cut-ups with childlike arrangements from the 30's and 40's, he has refined a style that has no imitators. Exactly the kind of music you'd expect from a scarily well-connected hip hop nut who happens to dress in Edwardian clothing and names himself after an Ancient Greek Legend. Having been sampled by Madlib and with a body of work including releases through Mush, Plug Research, Hefty, Tigerbeat6, and Eastern Developments, Daedelus' rep is long since established. Daedelus is currently signed to Ninja Tune home to the likes of Kid Koala, Mr. Scruff and the Cinematic Orchestra. And he recently got to play with the Silver Apples. The Bastard.
The Ninja Tune DJ, composer and avant-jazz mixolgist plays a free gig with his magic monome box in the Cornmarket, Limerick on Friday the 11th of April (9pm til late). Support on the night is from Peter Curtin (Cheebah) and John Gough and Johnny Doobs (Kerrynini)

The Music Technology Department of U.L. will also be hosting a seminar by Daedelus on the afternoon of the gig at 2pm in the CSIS building. He'll be showcasing his monome technology and discussing his approachs to composition, production and performance. This seminar is open to all members of the public. Sound.
.|..|.|..|.|..|

"I'm from the pretty electronic side of electronic music" Daedelus

Sounds and looks like:http://www.myspace.com/daedelusdarling

Some monome niceness here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=bjZwlCbUU8M

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]12 Apr 2008[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]20:00[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Whelans[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dublin[/FONT]
According to the myspace

Think I may actually head along to this though the Cornmarket is a bit of an iffy bar. Crowd there are awful. The seminar is well sound as well.

No, there's no Dublin lecture as far as I know. There's one on in Tralee on the Thursday as well, in conjunction with ClubHeadBangBang and IT Tralee. He's doing a free show that night in the Greyhound, along with some other loolas.

The Cornmarket is under new management, all the shams are out and gigs are in apparently. Should be bangin', like.

Really? What's the size of the place for gigs? Have they done anything with the layout? It's been a while since I was there and am not keen to go back unless its for something cool like this.

Don't know what it was like before, so I really can't say. I know they've a stricter door policy anyway, and they gave us free reign to do what we want in terms of lighting, visuals, etc.

Who cares anyway? Its Daedelus. In Limerick. For free.

I have a really short mix (7 tunes and an interview in 11 mins) that I did to familiarise folk with some of Daedelus's work. Holler if anyone wants a copy and I'll send it on as an attachment - I'm too lazy to upload it. But not too lazy to email it to anyone, ya dig?

My email is [email protected]

All my love...

dOObs

Don't know what it was like before, so I really can't say. I know they've a stricter door policy anyway, and they gave us free reign to do what we want in terms of lighting, visuals, etc.

Who cares anyway? Its Daedelus. In Limerick. For free.

Exactly. Never been to Cornmarket but fair fucks for them putting on a free show...Could have been just as easy for them to lash in a Slade cover band for the night, and attract their regular punters

Pissed off i gotta go to Cork Friday, cos i reckon this'll be deadly

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back