Musicians Needed for Dec 9th for focus group for my college work! (1 Viewer)

Ciarán R

Website
www.outonalimbrecords.com
Hi folks,

If any of you have an hour or so to spare up in Dublin on December 9th, would greatly appreciate if you could partake in this. Just pm me or email [email protected]

All the blurb is below:

CALLING CURRENT AND PAST MUSICIANS IN DUBLIN!
My name is Ciarán Ryan and I am a Postgraduate (PhD.) student at the Department of Media and Communication Studies, Mary Immaculate College, Limerick.

The focus of my research is the relationship between Irish musicians and their fans, and the role that media like fanzines and websites play in this. I am now seeking information from musicians in Dublin so they can tell their side of the story.

I will be conducting focus group discussions on Monday, December 9th, 2013 in Dublin (city centre – location TBC) with active or past members of bands from various music genres such as indie, alternative, metal, rock, electronica, etc. Each session will take approximately an hour.

There will be two focus groups:

• Group 1 – for musicians aged 35+ and/or involved in bands in the 1990’s
  • Group 2 – musicians under the age of 35 and/or currently active.

No fee will be paid for participants taking part in the research, regrettably, but your contribution will shed valuable light on the role of music in Irish social life and development of music scenes/communities in Dublin.

If you would be available to partake in these groups, please just email [email protected] – please also indicate which group (i.e. “Group 1” or “Group 2” that you fall into) and a time preference – anytime between 4pm and 9pm. The groups will be selected at a time that suits the most participants.

————————————————————————————————-

You are free to withdraw, without penalty, at any time. Should you withdraw, any data that you have provided to us up to that point will be destroyed.

All information you provide us with will be kept in the strictest confidence, data will only be accessible to the researcher, supervisor, and examiners.

Mary Immaculate College is subject to the Freedom of Information Act and the research procedures will adhere to the provisions of Data Protection legislation.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me at [email protected] or my supervisor Tony Langlois at [email protected]

Just a little bump.

This goes ahead next Monday (December 9th) at Whelan's. If I haven't already bugged you to attend, please get in touch as it'd be great to have you there. Runs from 7 to 9pm. Message me here or email [email protected]

THANKS!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back