Croatia? (2 Viewers)

i'd love to go there in september, went there about this time of year once and anywhere south of zagreb boiled me nearly to death, and i left after two days.
so no, i don't have any advice, except that you're probably picking a good time of year.

croatia is dirt cheap in september and there is loads of accommodation available so don't book anything before you leave.all the towns on the istrian/dalmation are amazing(cept for maybe Rijecka).go to a few islands aswell.they love irish people there.be prepared for plenty of conversations about the 'ra and hating the brits though!

me and robbie analogue are going in october
we're going to dubrovnik for a week, which is on the dalmation coast and which is apparently absolutely fucking gorgeous, and you can take trips out to islands and tings. And because croatia is pretty small we reckon we can squeeze in a day trip to zagreb and possibly even venice too. I look forward to this much.

kirstie said:
me and robbie analogue are going in october
we're going to dubrovnik for a week, which is on the dalmation coast and which is apparently absolutely fucking gorgeous, and you can take trips out to islands and tings. And because croatia is pretty small we reckon we can squeeze in a day trip to zagreb and possibly even venice too. I look forward to this much.
Ive been to Venice before, and If you are planning on going, dont stay longer than a day, unless yer loaded ourovih. Its defo worth seein, really peaceful, beautiful place, but theres just only so much canal, gondola, mask shop, canal, glass shop, mask shop, gondola you can take. I was bored out of my tree on the second day.

Wavioli said:
Ive been to Venice before, and If you are planning on going, dont stay longer than a day, unless yer loaded ourovih. Its defo worth seein, really peaceful, beautiful place, but theres just only so much canal, gondola, mask shop, canal, glass shop, mask shop, gondola you can take. I was bored out of my tree on the second day.

glass shops really interest me
I love murano.
you philistine.

I'm going there in September too. Dubrovnik actually. It's nice the way that the hotel strip is away from the (Unesco protected) old town. It's supposed to worthwhile checking out some of the islands for day trips. It's still a while off so I haven't planned any activities yet.

i was there a few weeks ago.
deadly place. Dubrovnik is amazing. Going into the old town is like going back in time.
we rented a yacht and visited some non-tourist islands. that was really nice too. really peaceful.
The water is great for swimming in to. it's crystal clear.

Mumblin Deaf Ro said:
I'm going there in September too. Dubrovnik actually. It's nice the way that the hotel strip is away from the (Unesco protected) old town. It's supposed to worthwhile checking out some of the islands for day trips. It's still a while off so I haven't planned any activities yet.

yeah, can't beat a bit of the old dubrovnik. go to the main square about 6 and practicallly the whole place comes out for a chat. the water is very good - and you can find the nice beaches not far from the city. bus rides along the coast i think are cheap and take you along some hiry cliffs.

you can take buses to bosnia in a few hours, nice though mine-ridden. kayaking/canoeing down the rivers is good too. i did it about the split area. there's a monastery atop the mountain overlooking dubrovnik that you can get up to. day trips to the island are cheap i believe and easy to organise - some take you on a cool jet-boat.

fattest tree in europe or something too.

mind, it was a long time ago that i was there, so i may be totally wrong on everything here.

dalmatica pruct - ham (nice)
dingac wine (apparentl nice, though now priciery than it was)

advice - learn names of croatian sporting heroes. that should get you out of trouble. the ice-cream was suspect when i was there too - the strawberry tasted like peach.

I was in Dubrovnik last year, adn spent a few days on Hvar island. it is worth checking the islands out:

Dubrovnik

Hotel Neptun http://www.hotel-neptun.hr/

Friendly staff, swimming pool, air conditioned rooms (you have to ask)

Buses every 15minutes to Old Town where there are nice restaurants, cobblestones alleyways etc.

Restaurants in Dubrovnik http://web.tzdubrovnik.hr/restaurants.shtml

Proto – Traditional
The Old Town
Address: Široka ulica 1
Phone: 385 20 323 234

Domino - Steakhouse
The Old Town
Address: Od Domina 6
Phone: 385 20 323 103

Defne – Rooftop Mediterranean restaurant in 5star Hotel
The Old Town
Address: Od Puča 1
Phone: 385 20 326 222

Hvar

Hotel Pharia - Hvar http://www.orvas-hotels.com/pgs/en/aph_pharia.htm
00385 21 569-833

Restaurantsin Hvar

Ristorante Luna – Traditional / Seafood
Restaurant Alviz – Pizzeria / Seafood

Islands

Mljet– nice for a day trip, monastery on island.

Korchula – 3 hours from Dubrovnik on ferry

Hvar - 6 Hours by Ferry from the Port in Dubrovnik.

as far as i remember it was cheap enough, some great restaurants. the ones i mentioned i recommend, good value, although the 5 star one was expensive €70/80 i think, but was worth it, if you don't eat there just go up to have a look at it.

This is handy. I'm going to Venice in Sept and am planning on heading over to Croatia as well.
Does anyone know the best way to get from Venice to Croatia? How much do you reckon it'd cost etc. Easy to change money and all that??

Take that lonelyplanet.com!

my mate slug lived in croatia for a year

hot women
dirt cheap
cheap big sacks of weed
great weather
prso
football hooliganism
they love the irish
lovely beer
thats most of the shit he talked about since comin back

meta said:
I was in Dubrovnik last year, adn spent a few days on Hvar island. it is worth checking the islands out:
Hvar town is kinda funny - full of Italian teenagers promenading till six a.m. It's a little over-touristy and over-expensive - they're trying to promote it as some kind of Croatian Ibiza.

But only a short hop away is Vis - which is incredibly beautiful and quiet - it was a military island off-limits to foreigners till the 90s - well worth checking out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back