crippling self-doubt (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter abbe
  • Start date
  • Replies 11
  • Views 1K
  • Watchers 1

abbe

What has caused you crippling self-doubt of late?

The type of thing that, if you're a boy, is a scrotum-tightening moment of dread -- don't know what it does to you if you're a girl.

(i can't remember what it was for me by the way... stuff i don't know if i can do properly which is going to let people down and I'm end up with egg on face etc etc. I'm having them all the time recently I don't even know if this is even an interesting topic actually..)

i'm gearing up to sing lead at a show in a few weeks. i've never sung lead before in my life. it's a tribute show to a band i'm not ultra-familiar with too, so will the fans of this band expect to hear a dead-on performance? christ i hope not...

i wouldn't say it's crippling, but it definitely will be extremely nerve-wracking.

Perhaps unbelievably - contacting painfully hip blighty meeeja mates in London from my kaleidoscope past to see if they were safe as milk. Being a concerned M&S bedecked civil servant is not holiday skin popular in such circles you see.
... my self doubt was gravely misplaced in this instance of course.

I got an email yesterdy from an ex in england saying she's moving to dublin in august and would i like to meet up and show her around. I've sat down to write a reply now about six times but can't even think how to start it. Haven't heard from her in almost two years. Still absolutely fuckin mad about her.

ReadySteadyJedi said:
I got an email yesterdy from an ex in england saying she's moving to dublin in august and would i like to meet up and show her around. I've sat down to write a reply now about six times but can't even think how to start it. Haven't heard from her in almost two years. Still absolutely fuckin mad about her.

start:

dear she-bitch,

from the bottom of my cold, dead, heart... salutations!

...the rest should just flow.

Self-doubt? Um, I don't think I have ever have a moment in which I was not crippled with self-doubt.

You should try heroin. It won't solve your problems, but it will boost your sense of self-worth, provide feelings of entitlement, and make you rather strident. Next thing you know, you'll be giving assertiveness training to aspiring skagheads on 'Fag procurement', 'Swagger', and 'Howya' in a shopfront on Talbot St. You'll be like the Anthony Robbins of the opiate class.

Just an idea.

also: get rid of your self-doubt with cocaine.
pure confidence
(for five minutes: then you'll be sweaty and edgy until you get the only thing you want: more. but this is a small price to pay for those moments of believing you too can be witty, important, and charismatic, when in reality you are nothing more than an aggressive, arrogant and sniffeling arsehole)
absolutely well worth the money i would say
:)

back to the original topic, its like that "what was your most embarrasing moment" question. christ almighty, i cant make it through the day without doing or saying something dense. an edge of self-doubt and slight paranoia can be useful in some circumstances though.

oh shit said:
start:

dear she-bitch,

from the bottom of my cold, dead, heart... salutations!

...the rest should just flow.
Just the kind of response i'd expect from a lager swilling neanderthal such as yourself bernard.

You make me sick.

just as long as noone gets hurt.

ReadySteadyJedi said:

the time readysteadyjedi dumped me for some english bird was fairly crippling to my doubt of someone, but i'm not sure who.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back