Creative Zen Micro Photo (1 Viewer)

Pantone247

Since 2000
Website
pantone247.blogspot.com
I got one of these recently, and while not native to Macs I got a nice piece of open source gear to deal with importing tunes on it (XNJB)

http://www.wentnet.com/projects/xnjb/faq.html

All is well except I can't seem to charge it off an Apples USB port. I thought it might be the player itself but updated the firmware and it took a charge off the PC I did that on, got it home, battery runs out and won't take a charge off a mac again (have tried three macs today...)

Whats that about? Surely USB is USB wether it's in an Mac or a PC? Yes?

Stupid question but are you sure it's supposed to charge off USB? I've had two creative zen's and both charged off mains. New one's might be different of course.

Stupid question but are you sure it's supposed to charge off USB? I've had two creative zen's and both charged off mains. New one's might be different of course.

nah it definetly does charge off USB

since last night I've figured that it will only charge with a computer that has the Creative Zen drivers... i.e. certainly not a Mac... (though it always did seem to take a vgery small charge, a quart of the battery say, off any MAc it was plugged into...)

BUT you can stick it into "removable storage" mode, which makes it turn up (or a partition of it turn up) as a removable drive and it seems to be charging from a Mac on that mode... so far anyhow... I guess it bypasses the annoying Creative Operating System

I have to say hats off to Creative for making the most quirky anarchic product supported by the most cryptic customer support service ever... the anger I feel is only out weighed by the pride that I seem to have solved the bloody problem...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back