Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (10 Viewers)

I'm not wishing death or hardship upon anyone from coronavirus but i have little sympathy for these people.
I bought "The Once and Future King" for my eldest at Christmastime, and now reading it myself. Was reading a scene last night where Merlyn is trying to get the young newly-crowned King Arthur to understand that the kingly games he so enjoys (like wars) have dire consequences for real people. Would be nice if real politicians had a Merlyn to help them cop the fuck on

Really? I'd rather the leader of the country I live in didn't die of coronavirus. I'd rather no one died of coronavirus, tory or not.
unless Boris Johnson resigns from all public life permanently without any pensions,
he deserves be taken out, as he continues to pose a massive danger to the public.
i also advocate the elimination of the ultra rich.
these are not radical ideas either.

that say, a jailed serial killer is considered more of a problem by large
sections of society than Boris Johnson is, shows deluded people are.

Boris can "DIE IN A DITCH".

I mean it was inevitable. Don't wish the guy any harm, hope he pulls through ok.

I don’t.
He is a hate-mongering abomination of a human. I Hope he pops his clogs. He’d be doing his electorate, his missus and his sprog a big favour.

Fucking cats now! Jesus!!

Steady on there now, no one is fucking cats < yet > .

except other cats and the occasional mental dog

When the national broadcaster is ending their evening news broadcast with a poet reciting his poem “everything is going to be alright”, not because he’s done anything newsworthy, just.... because... maybe it’s time to start worrying?

One thing about the numbers kids. I see people being shocked here on different days, family whatsapp, twiitter etc.

These numbers are going to go up exponentially for at least seven more days.

The deaths will rise in tandem with that at a delayed rate.

If you don't like maths, exponential means each number is way bigger than the last one so they rise fast.

You can either be shocked by milestones and worry about it or you can sit down and do the math and realise that nothing is going to stop escalating really until around April 4th, at which point it likely to slow down, while death numbers rise for a period after.

It isn't too good for the mind to worry about them on a day to day and easier to deal with when you know they will not stop rising for 7-8 days.

I see and hear too many people living in a state of worry. That is going to do nothing to improve your immune system.

Carry on.

yeah, they'd been talking about a 30% rise per day and we're not at that - but obviously, case detection is subject to the vagaries of the bandwidth of the testing process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back