Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (17 Viewers)

to my unscientific mind eradicating smallpox is the greatest human achievement in science.
after Cortez got to Mexico in 1519 within a few years many millions of people living in the area had died from diseases - smallpox was mostly responsible.

the worst anti vaccine conspiracy I ever heard of linked the eradication of smallpox to the spread of HIV.
that makes me so annoyed.
In one sense that’s not unscientific- the selective pressure of endemic diseases over a long period of time can lead to certain mutations becoming common in a population which are protective against disease a, but may increase susceptibility to new disease b. (There’s an example of this with hiv/sleeping sickness in Africa I can give if anyone wants to climb further into a nerd hole, also link to bubonic plaque proposed at one point)

However in the smallpox/hiv example - it’s almost certainly bollox, anti vax shit

Be bad news if you were a white supremacist right enough.

I've got... WHAT? BLACK DEATH??!? IT'S POLITICAL CORRECTNESS GONE MAD.... Fucking Poles.

Polish people are typically white sir.

FUCK OFFFFF. *death*
The White Death only killed Russian soldiers:

those genrui tests - they can generate false positives, but can they generate false negatives? i.e. they could be useful still for proving you're covid negative?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back