Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (13 Viewers)

feeling a bit stiff and tired and croaky today, so I did an antigen test and it came back negative.
I haven't been sick in any way for years and feels like a very mild version of 24 hour bug.
If I still feel same way tomorrow I'll do another test. haven't gone outside house today either....

I tested positive today.
Thought the game might have been up when I woke up during the night, turned on a light, and there was steam pouring off me and my soaked t-shirt.

It's strange though, it's like another dose of the vaccine in the sense that I don't really have very many covid symptoms other than a screaming high temperature. My taste is fine, no swollen joints / fingers / toes (like last time), smell is perfect, no brain fog (like last time). It's almost exactly like a dose of vaccine: fatigue, fever, muscle pain. To me it looks like all of these symptoms are immune response symptoms, and if I had to guess I'd say the vaccine worked well and enabled a fast adaptive immune response.

Massive confusion and brain problems were the most noticeable symptoms the first time round, but I've been playing chess today and I beat a 1600 (which is really good for my level) and must mean my brain isn't completely knackered. I'm not that sharp, but it feels like a normal slightly tired not that sharp, not the blank confusion and brick walls of last time.

interesting thread here;

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reading through that:

Even if we decide to “let it rip”, individual circumstances and risk tolerance will vary.

yeah, that ain't gonna work. I caught COVID in work in March, cleared it, got fully vaccinated, and caught it again.

Also, and this agrees with his general point I think, to me this feels like a different disease this time around (admittedly I'm vaccinated so that changes things), but the disease I currently have and had previously are only similar in name.

If I can catch this thing repeatedly (and then clear it, meaning by definition I have immunity at some point), and get vaccinated, and I'm not some kind of weird immunocompromised outlier, then this thing is going to be knocking around the population for a while.
This is a weird virus, it shouldn't be able to behave this way.

got Covid twice? feck it. hope you are OK again soon flashback.
feeling a bit stiff and tired and croaky today, so I did an antigen test and it came back negative.
I haven't been sick in any way for years and feels like a very mild version of 24 hour bug.
If I still feel same way tomorrow I'll do another test. haven't gone outside house today either....
ahhh sure I was OK today, nothing wrong with me after all.
then I leaned over to clean the sink and sprained my back - ha ha.
straw that broke nuke's back, this is always how my back goes.
I've put my back out tying my shoes, running up stairs, lifting a stool off a bar (I was even bending my knees)

16500 cases, woooo, transport still at full capacity, shops still at full capacity, schools still 'going back after holidays', sure what could go wrong?
(The transport at full capacity is the most ludicrous thing right now, people fucking jamming themselves on buses and Luas where they're basically standing on top of each other, it's pure LOL.

without resorting to memes... but it does feel like a Winter is coming type vibe. Mates in DC saying shit's going bonkers out there right now too.

Having said that, the vaccination does seem to work. I think. Unless I unexpectedly die, then you'll know it's not as great as you'd be hoping for.

16500 cases, woooo, transport still at full capacity, shops still at full capacity, schools still 'going back after holidays', sure what could go wrong?
(The transport at full capacity is the most ludicrous thing right now, people fucking jamming themselves on buses and Luas where they're basically standing on top of each other, it's pure LOL.

Was looking back today.

Around the 16th Dec NPHET said basically that the only way to deal with omnicron persei 8 was to go almost full lockdown till Jan 30th after seeing the insane numbers from the African and English scientists.
On the 17th Dec govt went agains this advice and brought in the 8pm thing along with not reducing loads of capacities where recommended.

My dark political theory is that because the second MM sticks his head over the parapet he'll get dragged for this, they (a PR dept and a few FF heads) have opted to wait it out until it gets so fucked up that people will have half forgotten that was 12 days ago. My current guess is PR starts whispers tomorrow eve, speech 1st Dec 6pm.

Bad head cold, 3 clear antigens in a row, but managed to get a PCR for tomorrow.

For anyone trying to get one in the midnight rush... On the half hour from 12, the system appears to release a fresh batch of slots, I'm assuming it's ones that failed/timed out in the previous 30 minutes. I managed to nab one at 1.30am

Was at a funeral yesterday (just the burial to be safer), will have another at some stage in the next week TBC.

Concerned about the degree of mixing I'll have to do but it's a risk that I feel I need to assume in this case.

Quietly resigned to probably getting it. Will spend a small fortune on more antigen tests today if I can get any for daily testing for the next week or so, think I have a stock of 6.

Got boosted in early December so should be at max protection level now.

Cross your fingers for me please folks. Less concerned for myself (though I wonder about how dormant my asthma actually is) and more about the exposure my folks might have if I'm unavailable to do little jobs for them to reduce their contacts to the world.

Bad head cold, 3 clear antigens in a row, but managed to get a PCR for tomorrow.

For anyone trying to get one in the midnight rush... On the half hour from 12, the system appears to release a fresh batch of slots, I'm assuming it's ones that failed/timed out in the previous 30 minutes. I managed to nab one at 1.30am

Have you heard about the also swabbing the throat "hack" even though the rapid rests don't say to do it.

Supposedly reduces false negatives.

after feeling OK yesterday morning, my body has started to fail on me for mostly non Covid reasons.
I sprained my back yesterday (happens at least once a year lying down a lot for 5 days, generally solves it).
just before I went to bed I felt something and think I have a hernia where I was operated on 19-20 years ago.
losing some weight might fix that - I hope.
when I woke up today my tonsils were slightly sore. so I did my second antigen test in 3 days and I was positive.
my mother was sick and isolating the last few days so being a close contact I knew this was coming.
I am happy enough that I don't feel sick. in a double whammy I have two reasons to stay in bed now.
more worried about my back and hernia to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back