Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (14 Viewers)

"normalize... gun violence"

This 8 year old talks about how this was her "second shooting"

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

keep thinking about this when reading these kinds of things

keep thinking about this when reading these kinds of things

Surveying the rankings of pandemic readiness from before Covid-19 struck—like the Global Security Index or the Epidemic Preparedness Index—one finds that the United States and the United Kingdom were supposedly the two best-prepared countries, with EU countries ranked highly, too.

that reminds of this weeks current deserved twitter pile-on

but... THE GRAPHS

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I ended up having a WhatsApp argument with an ex-work colleague who’s an extreme anti-vaxxer and who’s been texting me random articles over the last few weeks. I started arguing back about some of the stuff they were sending on and they actually got so annoyed with me that they’ve stopped texting me back. I’m experiencing huge schadenfreude now.
Turns out I was completely wrong on this. They actually spent a good part of today bombarding me with horseshit articles and links to rumble.com. I’ll be honest, I don’t actually hate this person and I would’ve been pretty good friends with them at one point so I was actually making an effort at the start to say maybe they should try using some of the time and energy that they’re spending on social media to study something useful like science or medicine. And that maybe they need to at least look at differing viewpoints from what their algorithm was offering them. Also asked if they could actually explain the logic behind what they believe is happening. I should also point out that I was really patient with this person because there is part of me that genuinely wants to understand what happened here. Pretty much all that happened was that I got bombarded with more nonsense links but no actual answers to any questions I asked. Eventually told them they were wasting their time sending this stuff on, I wasn’t going to wade through it and I wished them well. Here’s their last text:

“You'll never know what's going on if you dismiss information that is being suppressed.. Rather I didn't know myself.. But at least I've been able to warn my family by what I have learned in the last yr and half of listening to experts in their field.. I've loads more top experts I could send you.. But Tony abd the gov have already done a job on you unfortunately”

So at this stage I think they can just go fuck themselves.

Turns out I was completely wrong on this. They actually spent a good part of today bombarding me with horseshit articles and links to rumble.com. I’ll be honest, I don’t actually hate this person and I would’ve been pretty good friends with them at one point so I was actually making an effort at the start to say maybe they should try using some of the time and energy that they’re spending on social media to study something useful like science or medicine. And that maybe they need to at least look at differing viewpoints from what their algorithm was offering them. Also asked if they could actually explain the logic behind what they believe is happening. I should also point out that I was really patient with this person because there is part of me that genuinely wants to understand what happened here. Pretty much all that happened was that I got bombarded with more nonsense links but no actual answers to any questions I asked. Eventually told them they were wasting their time sending this stuff on, I wasn’t going to wade through it and I wished them well. Here’s their last text:

“You'll never know what's going on if you dismiss information that is being suppressed.. Rather I didn't know myself.. But at least I've been able to warn my family by what I have learned in the last yr and half of listening to experts in their field.. I've loads more top experts I could send you.. But Tony abd the gov have already done a job on you unfortunately”

So at this stage I think they can just go fuck themselves.
WAKE UP SHEEPLE

reminds me of the guy on boards who got very noticeably angry with me for dismissing ayn rand as not being worth my time to read; he became quote agitated at my arrogance for being able to decide that without actually having read her books. he couldn't get his head around my logic.

reminds me of the guy on boards who got very noticeably angry with me for dismissing ayn rand as not being worth my time to read; he became quote agitated at my arrogance for being able to decide that without actually having read her books. he couldn't get his head around my logic.
It’s mad, they can’t seem to get their head around the fact that there’s only a finite number of hours during the day and the reason you don’t want to read the shite that they’re recommending is not because you’re scared of unlocking some deep forbidden knowledge, and that you’ve better things to be doing.

says man on thumped

Took the fambly for a swim at seapoint, relatively late last night, thought it would be fine, and it was ok when we got there, so we went for it. Could see the crowds swelling though, so we got out, and it was *horribly* packed. Hundreds of people brushing past each other. Really nerve wracking and anxiety inducing, just praying that sea breeze was blasting the droplets into oblivion...

Ah jaysus, I had a girl in work like that a few years back. She was alright most of the time but come on, these things are long! Last I heard she was living in an actual commune.
Ah they are. And I don’t have time to watch stuff I actually enjoy. The people that watch them must literally do nothing else.

.... Pretty much all that happened was that I got bombarded with more nonsense links but no actual answers to any questions I asked

This is the youtube/algorythm brain thing I keep talking about. I'm sure someone esteemed will flag this in two years and someone on twitter will tell me i need to read about it. But the mimicking of the format of the web, where bombardment on loosley related topics is percieved as how questions are answered - That is a thing now. That is a part of society now. Never stray from your first question, the response you get is the litmus paper...

This is the youtube/algorythm brain thing I keep talking about. I'm sure someone esteemed will flag this in two years and someone on twitter will tell me i need to read about it. But the mimicking of the format of the web, where bombardment on loosley related topics is percieved as how questions are answered - That is a thing now. That is a part of society now. Never stray from your first question, the response you get is the litmus paper...
I’m torn between a. asking the person the questions again and asking them to answer them in their own words rather than through a series of vaguely linked web articles and b. Completely blocking them on all forms of social media and messaging services and getting on with my life

I’m torn between a. asking the person the questions again and asking them to answer them in their own words rather than through a series of vaguely linked web articles and b. Completely blocking them on all forms of social media and messaging services and getting on with my life

The first time I became apparent to me was someone I've know for years - I saw that they were carpet bombing me with disparate info so I went hard after one point to see if they could actually give me some evidence for it - They got really pissed off, eventually getting so personal I blocked them.
Things I learned

This type of synaptic is a new animal and grates with people who are working in evidence based environments. i.e. me.
The cognitive dissonance was caused by breaking the pattern they were imposing - the rage started when I went all out on one point.
I am not a brain doctor and I cannot steer something like this.
If I was in that situation again - knowing that they were going to lash out at me anyways, I'd probably just still do the same. Pick a thing and until they've proven it not move on. The hope being that you'd cast doubt on one card in the house of cards.
But then I'm not sure anything factual matters at all in this kinda thing. I need to find pros talking about this really.

The first time I became apparent to me was someone I've know for years - I saw that they were carpet bombing me with disparate info so I went hard after one point to see if they could actually give me some evidence for it - They got really pissed off, eventually getting so personal I blocked them.
Things I learned

This type of synaptic is a new animal and grates with people who are working in evidence based environments. i.e. me.
The cognitive dissonance was caused by breaking the pattern they were imposing - the rage started when I went all out on one point.
I am not a brain doctor and I cannot steer something like this.
If I was in that situation again - knowing that they were going to lash out at me anyways, I'd probably just still do the same. Pick a thing and until they've proven it not move on. The hope being that you'd cast doubt on one card in the house of cards.
But then I'm not sure anything factual matters at all in this kinda thing. I need to find pros talking about this really.
Sure, you could see with that last text that they’re already starting to get personal.
I think the choices for myself right now is that I could go hell for leather demanding answers to the questions that I’ve asked.
Or I could watch Captain Marvel with my son and not have a stressful argument with someone on my phone that I haven’t seen in person in at least 5 years

Sure, you could see with that last text that they’re already starting to get personal.
I think the options for myself right now is that I could go hell for leather demanding answers to the questions that I’ve asked.
Or I could watch Captain Marvel with my son and not have a stressful argument with someone on my phone that I haven’t seen in person in at least 5 years

I preffered the Thor series myself, but you do you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back