Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (13 Viewers)

They seemed to be just holding it together until the firework prick kicked it off.
I have no problem with him getting a few digs. What an arsehole.

what were there? maybe 200 youngfellas and few ringleaders? In a city of 1.5 million that is nothing. They are already getting more attention than they deserved. There's probably more people making ship in a bottle kits.

No, it's not a joke. How regularly do the Irish guards baton "innocent bystanders, journalists etc"?

Dunno, presumably more than you think (never, pillars of society) but less than I think (all the time, all the people who I know who are guards relish their stories of beating people up)

what were there? maybe 200 youngfellas and few ringleaders? In a city of 1.5 million that is nothing. They are already getting more attention than they deserved. There's probably more people making ship in a bottle kits.

We need to think about people's mental health in a pandemic as long as they wear suits and have office jobs.

No, it's not a joke. How regularly do the Irish guards baton "innocent bystanders, journalists etc"?
The point is being muddied here.

Our police are no different to other police forces.

Protests like this are rare enough in Ireland and as a consequence so are baton charges

But back to the original observation , when it happens innocent bystanders are quite likely to get a thump off a baton.

I don't see why this is a problematic concept.

the worry is they'll gain more traction. That crowd seemed to consist of different factions, from what I could tell (though the youngfellas and the ringleaders were definitely responsible for the trouble - probably Irish freedom party cunts). So you have the racists, the lunatics who believe in lizards, people who are geniunely just pissed off with lockdown, and the danger is they'll converge into a single faction. They need to be destroyed, now.

Dunno, presumably more than you think (never, pillars of society) but less than I think (all the time, all the people who I know who are guards relish their stories of beating people up)
Haha ok. I'm sure the cops are engaged in physical violence fairly routinely. I very much doubt they routinely baton innocent bystanders and journalists, because if they did we'd hear about it on Joe Duffy

Haha ok. I'm sure the cops are engaged in physical violence fairly routinely. I very much doubt they routinely baton innocent bystanders and journalists, because if they did we'd hear about it on Joe Duffy

I thought I heard 6000 or some mad figure like that. Or maybe that was how many people said they'd attend on facebook

I'd say there was probably at least one person got a smack of a baton at that who was just walking up the street at the wrong time, given that this is Grafton Street in the middle of Saturday afternoon. I've seen plenty of police baton charges and they don't give a flying fuck who they hit as long as they hit someone.

Even if it's one of their own by the looks of a certain video doing the rounds.

Give us a baton....

Damo.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

was waiting for someone to post this -
the Garda who beat people with a baton at Reclaim The Streets was cleared in court by a jury (WTF)
and wasn't even fired from the Gardai.

was waiting for someone to post this -
the Garda who beat people with a baton at Reclaim The Streets was cleared in court by a jury (WTF)
and wasn't even fired from the Gardai.
heads should have rolled over that, and not just his.

When they were on the way to that 'riot' they were told that cops were getting battered at the scene. When they jumped out of the van they were all gung-ho, cracking heads, because they believed 'their own' were getting a serious hammering.

It doesn't excuse it, but there's more to the story than a youtube video shows. A lot of heads should have rolled over that.

Can we all agree that the cops cracking the heads of Combat 18 in landsdowne road in '95 was ok though?

it was interesting to note their reaction to the XR protests. while the police in the UK went in heavy handed (and even chose to classify XR as a violent group, IIRC), the gardai were much more measured. apparently the interaction between the protestors and the gardai was much more good natured, and again, it may have been a decision by the gardai that if what the protestors wanted was publicity, the gardai were not in the business of granting them that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back