Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (17 Viewers)

I'm curious about this mink thing. Like, they identified that mutation and are killing every mink in Denmark. Was it just by chance they found that or are they routinely monitoring covid-19 in other species? I remember hearing ages ago that cats had caught it and now I'm thinking that cats are probably spreading it among themselves and spawning mutations while they're out and about doing their thing. And what kind of distancing is normally maintained between cats and mice and rats?
basically, meat-eaters are destroying the world.

and cunts who wear mink fucking coats.

it's something like seven million mink, yeah? how many mink does it take to make a coat? 20?
that's still several hundred thousand coats, which is a huge number.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Anyone else seeing 'third wave due to complacency' all over this? I mean you'd love to believe it..

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sir John Bell of the Vaccine Taskforce currently run by a venture capitalist who just happens to be married to a Conservative MP. Yeah, i'll pass on his advice thanks.

I'm curious about this mink thing. Like, they identified that mutation and are killing every mink in Denmark. Was it just by chance they found that or are they routinely monitoring covid-19 in other species? I remember hearing ages ago that cats had caught it and now I'm thinking that cats are probably spreading it among themselves and spawning mutations while they're out and about doing their thing. And what kind of distancing is normally maintained between cats and mice and rats?

I heard/read 12 humans had it too so maybe those humans got tested and that's how they found out.,

the other thing I'm curious about is the 90% figure they're offering, and how that stacks up against, say, the flu vaccine.

I suppose a combination of this, and the rapid tests that also give 80%-90% accuracy, will leave us much better off.

so 90% is way above what was needed for this to get approval (along with the other stipulations around it actually working, etc). So this is way better than was even hoped for.

And, in answer to my question regarding how that stacks up against the flu vaccine, again, way better. According to this article the flu vaccine is 40-60% effective.

I can't find a source for this but, anecdotally, only 70% of the population need to take the vaccine for it to be nationally effective.

In terms of the pecking order of who gets it first, I'd be happy to put myself at the back of the line (a line not containing any anti-vaxxers). 2 million is impressive, if, by shots you mean the initial shot, plus the booster.

I can't find a source for this but, anecdotally, only 70% of the population need to take the vaccine for it to be nationally effective.
(half remembered facts alert) it depends on how contagious or infectious the virus is.
the more infectious (e.g. mumps) needs a much higher number of people vaccinated. it's mainly about getting the R number below 1 - e.g. if R is running at 1.5 and you can vaccinate half the population, it halves the number of people you meet who can affect you, so R should drop by roughly half to below 1, so the virus should die out.

if R was 5, you'd need to vaccinate over 80% of people to get it below 1.

would be great if the mink all escaped and killed us all. We'd deserve that.

was just talking to some german colleagues. same shenanigans in their school system as going on here. one colleague was saying a girl his son sits close to in class, tested positive, and his son was told he was not a close contact, so no test for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back