Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (14 Viewers)

See the way, right, that the whole country is now on Level 3, yeah?
Well, does anyone care to explain, being that this is the case country-wide and that the virus is therefore presumably actively spreading in every county, how there is any fucking point whatsoever in the 'stay in your own county' bullshit line?

See the way, right, that the whole country is now on Level 3, yeah?
Well, does anyone care to explain, being that this is the case country-wide and that the virus is therefore presumably actively spreading in every county, how there is any fucking point whatsoever in the 'stay in your own county' bullshit line?

Because every time they level up/down 8000 SUV's from the east come to the eldery coastal communities for more staycationing every weekend loike ooim going to oisoloite in loihoinch and then commute back for their jobs full time shifting people in the east coast. I know a person who'd to try and shoo 25 camper vans (not in the hippie price range either) off private land a few weeks back. These coastal shitholes we all love so much for 6 months of the year do not have the resources to cope with it along with aging populations. Obvs econimically it's hell at the same time but to me that is the reason. More golfgate anyone?

Because every time they level up/down 8000 SUV's from the east come to the eldery coastal communities for more staycationing every weekend loike ooim going to oisoloite in loihoinch and then commute back for their jobs full time shifting people in the east coast. I know a person who'd to try and shoo 25 camper vans (not in the hippie price range either) off private land a few weeks back. These coastal shitholes we all love so much for 6 months of the year do not have the resources to cope with it along with aging populations. Obvs econimically it's hell at the same time but to me that is the reason. More golfgate anyone?

Okay, so shouldn't the rule actually be "Don't fuck off to your holiday home for the weekend in the middle of a virus pandemic when we're trying to keep the fucking spread down?"
Or, to put it in different words maybe, and I mean this idea seems awful familiar for some reason, "Don't drive more than 2km unless you have a fuckin good reason"?

Okay, so shouldn't the rule actually be "Don't fuck off to your holiday home for the weekend in the middle of a virus pandemic when we're trying to keep the fucking spread down?"
Or, to put it in different words maybe, and I mean this idea seems awful familiar for some reason, "Don't drive more than 2km unless you have a fuckin good reason"?

Probably - like they were looking for level 5.

I’m starting a course tomorrow in Limerick that hasn’t been cancelled. I’m guessing as it’s educational it’s ok but I’m not too sure anymore. I don’t fancy getting stopped by the guards and having to explain that I’m in another county because I wanted to learn how to make knives.

I’m starting a course tomorrow in Limerick that hasn’t been cancelled. I’m guessing as it’s educational it’s ok but I’m not too sure anymore. I don’t fancy getting stopped by the guards and having to explain that I’m in another county because I wanted to learn how to make knives.

Just make sure you're not holding a knife while doing so.

Is it

Is

Is it limerick

"Stay in your own county" is a total load of bollocks, because it doesn't actually mean "Stay in your own county" at all.
What it actually means is "Don't be a fuckin dickhead going on massive golfing trips to Clare with your 30 mates all slobbering over each other for the whole day" and other such pandemic spreaders, but the government are just too scared to actually say it.

"Stay in your own county" is a total load of bollocks, because it doesn't actually mean "Stay in your own county" at all.
What it actually means is "Don't be a fuckin dickhead going on massive golfing trips to Clare with your 30 mates all slobbering over each other for the whole day" and other such pandemic spreaders, but the government are just too scared to actually say it.

The sales of Rockshore would be too badly hit.

Surely it's just simple-as-possible instructions that everyone can understand? And that includes the Guards.
Rather than the govt being too scared to say it.

No one knows what they're supposed to do over here by comparison.

Stuck in that N4/M4 traffic this morning trying to get out to Athlone from Lucan.

dickheads filtered two lanes down to one. And waving 99% traffic on.
And only had 2 cars pulled in.

fucking stupid.

could they not have filtered haulage trucks and large lorries that are clearly essential commercial go freely on the inside land and then use the inner lane for pulling passenger/other vehicles?!

Had to go through 3 different lonnnnng check-points today working between Westmeath/Meath/Dublin today.
Probably be the same again tomorrow

Surely it's just simple-as-possible instructions that everyone can understand? And that includes the Guards.
Rather than the govt being too scared to say it.

No one knows what they're supposed to do over here by comparison.

Yeah, I'll give ya simple - "Go to work or to buy food, and stop fucking about with rakes of people" aka lockdown again. Government too scared to just say it because they might upset people that vote for them.

Watching Leo squirm right now is pretty great, 2 days after he slammed NPHET's recommendations live on TV, he now has to try and backtrack into "Well we might have to do it anyway" because it's literally taken 2 days for the numbers to make a show of them.

Here's a half baked theory - instead of this bumbling along, not knowing where or when restrictions will be announced, constantly firefighting - why not go full bore lockdown one week out of every four? Break the chain of transmission to a large extent in that week, which should keep the numbers in check, and provide some certainty to business about planning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back