Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (5 Viewers)

The woman in the queue just in front of my wife over in the spar across the road, almost certainly in her late 70s, gets to the top of the queue and loudly announces to the cashier that the reason they hadn't seen her in ages was that she's just out of hospital having had the covid.

"Data released today showed that 25,354 more people died in March across the country than the average for the month between 2015 and 2019.

The data showed that 13,691, or 54%, of the 25,354 March fatalities "are COVID-19 diagnosed deaths".

so the actual death toll may be nearly double the official death toll.

"Data released today showed that 25,354 more people died in March across the country than the average for the month between 2015 and 2019.

The data showed that 13,691, or 54%, of the 25,354 March fatalities "are COVID-19 diagnosed deaths".

so the actual death toll may be nearly double the official death toll.

I was talking to an MD mate of mine over the weekend. Seemingly they're also seeing lots of non fatal weird things popping up, like mild strokes and stuff.

Then there's people going out and deciding they need to do a bit of gardening, and promptly cut the top off one of their fingers.

Zero new cases in New Zealand today I think they had followed the example of Taiwan and South Korea fairly closely which I would expect with being an island also helpful.

In the more affluent areas by me they've had lawyers drafting a contracts, so that they can be "exempt from lockdown" and have their soirees.

It's really upsetting how I found out about this.

I bet you might be able to find an entire room of bog roll in one of those gaffs

I bet you might be able to find an entire room of bog roll in one of those gaffs

Well there's still none in any of the shops around me. I was in over the weekend, and there's generally a bit of a shortage of lots of stuff.

The shelf stackers have been putting tissues and serviettes in the bog roll section. Problem solved?

i suspect they could be mixing up '10 metres square' with '10 square metres'. a common mistake, but not one you should be seeing from an organisation which should have put some thought into this.

Well if its the former I'm not sure a lot of Irish bars could accommodate 4 people, if it's the latter it's not going to pass restrictions.

This is not going to get ann post drunk sooner.

Try and take the kids out every day for a walk, and we work so hard at keeping them 2m from everyone else. Usually it means we end up having to step into the road as a couldn't care less couple refuse to go into single file to share path etc. On our walk yesterday could see loads of people having gatherings in their back gardens/greens., letting neighbour kids scarper off on bikes, and it's maddening.

Ireland is now only second behind Spain in Covid infection rates, per capita. What am I missing, that everyone else is figuring out it's grand to ignore the rules? Will people see the 5km extension today as job done, back to normal?

I'd love to figure it out, be amazing to tell my kids it's grand. I can't see that there's a chance we'll get out of phase one of this exit plan.

Sorry, feeling irked this morning, bad dental pain, but not bad enough for dentist to see me, not sleeping. Rocking my misanthrope pants today.

Ireland is now only second behind Spain in Covid infection rates, per capita. What am I missing, that everyone else is figuring out it's grand to ignore the rules?
the issue is an lack of consistency in both testing, and recording of deaths, across the board.
in terms of deaths, ireland is (AFAIK) one of only four countries in europe which is counting deaths in hospital, deaths in nursing homes, and presumptive but untested deaths. the UK is only reporting hospital deaths consistently, for example.

and the death toll in italy is probably double the official total.

Ireland loves being told what to do so when the WHO tell us what to do, we do it. It has its downsides for sure but right now I think we're doing great (with the reporting I mean) considering the daily lies being spun just across the water - a pair of gloves being counted as two pieces of PPE and a testing kit that has been sent in the post being counted as a completed test.

Numbers wise the deaths trend up on a Tuesday usually so with the bank holiday I think tomorrow will be a big day to see how the deaths are actually doing.

That's a great idea ... hopefully people will respect it.

I got the go ahead from the local Gardaí to bring the kid to see her sisters and dad this weekend. One of the girls doesn’t recognise her anymore, which was rough.
I’m bit nervous about checkpoints but he gave me his number and said to give him a call if there’s any trouble.
He’s my new favourite person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back