Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (6 Viewers)

My mums local garden centre does deliveries online or over the phone. I'm sure it's not the only one.

We went out earlier for the daily (2km) walk and when we got back there were about 6 lads playing football on the green in front of our house. Looked like one of them from across the road got a few of his friends to come over to our green for a kickabout.... About 15 minutes later i get called to the front door to look at the four cops who just arrived in a car and a van, blocking the road on either side of the green. 5 minutes later another, bigger, cop van arrived with another two cops in it. So now we've 6 cops, no masks (the kids think at least one was armed, i'm not so sure), huddled around 6 guys, also no masks, for about 20 minutes while they presumably checked names & addresses & car details. Eventually after about half an hour of this they gave the car keys back and everyone went on their way. Now, obviously I don't have the full story but it all seemed like it was a bit OTT when I'd have thought that a quick "lads - go home" would have done and I'm sure it was just a coincidence they were all black.

A complete coincidence, no doubt, and it's also a total coincidence that the guards weren't anywhere to be seen in Ballybough when 20 people that could have caused the guards loads of actual hassle were stabbing a lad to death the other night

regarding testing, i know someone who was tested after being through pretty much all the classic symptoms, and being told on the phone by the national virus reference lab (when she rang for her results), that the test was - quote - '100% accurate'.

she found this:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I have no idea who if anyone called the cops or how long they took to arrive but it was most definitely an over the top reaction.

I was out for my mandated exercise time on Thursday and there was a garda check point in town AFTER a y junction.

Needless to say, when looping round and going back the other side of the y junction (the two sides link up by roundabout so if you went the wrong way, you could just use the round about and bypass road) , I met 2 northern registered vehicles who went the other side of the y junction.

Does not make sense to just run a checkpoint 1 side when you have vehicles showing big blue flashing lights on the one side.

Maybe as a decoy, had the big flashing lights on the side they weren't stopping

Well... my opinion, that I'm hounded for almost constantly AND taken extremely seriously, is what's the alternative? Commuting from Carlow?

I'm never going to move back to Dublin. I grew up there and it seems to have only gotten worse since I left the country. Granted the public transport is shit, and lots of other things are shit there, but that's where people work more often than not. The current situation in Dublin (brace yourselves for my expert opinion from Rockville Maryland) is the place is a parking lot.

The jobs keep piling on in Dublin (and more will come post Brexit) and that's a good thing, but the people have to get to work (assuming we don't all telecommute). So we just keep adding people to the commute from Lucan?

You have to start somewhere. Even if there's no public transport, nothing let's say, if there's 400 people living in an apartment building in the City Center, then there's 400 people less driving cars to Dundalk. It's a start, and you keep adding to it. Find the employment hubs, build there, allowing people to walk to work.

There's a few amazing parks in Dublin, Phoenix Park... that's a world class green space. People can live around that, in high rise apartments, and there can be ad hoc shuttles along the Liffey until something is worked out. And not every single person need live there, it's just about taking the pressure of inflicting a shitty car commute on virtually everyone who works in Dublin.
You should definitely get a planning job in Dublin

somebody called the gardai and they arrived 15 minutes later, just like i suspect someone called the gardai in ballybough and they also arrived some time later?

Sounds like that time I watched this bunch of mad cunts causing shit loads of hassle on Abbey Street, and somebody called the guards, the guards arrived and then drove right past it all because they were too scared to try and stop them

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back