Cork tony (1 Viewer)

P1010001_small.jpg
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]RTS, Dublin - Tuesday 3rd May - Confirmed Audio Terrorist Sightings![/font]​

Tony with navy t-shirt combats n bag.
Beach06.jpg

being a national 'legend' does not make him any less of a fucking menace. everything he looks at turns to a quivering, useless mulch.

please GOD don't let him be turning into some kind of anti-hero. he's not. he's not funny. is dysentery funny? standing in a room with a big ball of dysentery, is that funny? no. when dysentery walks in, your only option is to run. run away.

is this the same cork tony that got arrested at mor?

he was a total headwrecker.

when the police were strolling around he kept shouting "has anybody got any cocaine?". annoying prick.

spiritualtramp said:
is this the same cork tony that got arrested at mor?

he was a total headwrecker.

when the police were strolling around he kept shouting "has anybody got any cocaine?". annoying prick.
he was annoying and endearing in equal parts. my pappa.

No, dysentry isn't funny, but tony, like dysentry has touched so many of our lives, i thought he deserved a mention.
Heres another suspected sighting.

yeah i know this bloke from when i lived in galway. He used to be around eyre square sponging money and drinks. im thinking he must have a spa pass to get around so much. I never understood why health boards give crazy people free travel, like here you go, fuck off and be mad wherever you want. Maybe thats why train stations attract weirdos too, their sitting there in there saliva stained anoraks trying to figure out where they thought about going ten minutes ago :rolleyes:

that guy is a total pain in the hole, as far as I know he's barred from most venues in cork as he insists on trying to get onstage at every gig i've ever seen him at.

Fine... but it's gonna be a major anticlimax now.....

anywho, back in the days when we were a nazi punk band and were called No Remorse, our singer Eoin was approached by someone after one of our gigs asking if we would play a festival. This was to be a huge all day event on garretstown beach, with two marquee tents, stalls, food, family facilities and so on. Naturally, being 15 and not at all suspicious, we said yes. Weevil were also asked to play. bear in mind i myself had not met this mystery promoter.

So anyway, about a week later, myself and eoin went into fredz to meet "Mr X." This guy walked in the door who basically looked like an escaped mental patient, and i nudged eoin in a "look at that nutcase" way. He then informed me that this was Tony, our link to beach stardom. It was at this point that i learned never to trust eoin's judgement, and have stuck by this ever since.

He went over and talked to tony. When he came back he said that everything was sorted. I had still yet to actually speak to tony, but i was young and idealistic and thought "maybe he isnt as much of a miscreant as he looks." The big day came anyway, and we headed down to garretstown beach. When we got there, there was nothing to be seen. I mean NOTHING. we walked down the beach for a couple of minutes, and lo and behold, there was our festival.

When i say festival i mean the following: Tony and some random long-haired hippy were sitting on the sand with a few cans. Next to them was a 6 man camping tent (i shit you not) lying in a heap on the ground, which was presumably our marquee. There was nothing else. We asked tony what was going on, and he responded by shrieking the national anthem in our faces, and then going silent. We started to get an inkling that maybe something was not quite right, and walked back up to our car. We decided we would leg it.

We went back to tony and told him that we were going into the nearby town (kinsale) to get a couple of cans. He responded by singing "star trekking" (seriously). We drove off, and passed Weevil in their car on the way down, and started waving frantically at them to stop. We told them what was going on and we all agreed that fleeing was our best option.

We never did find out what else went on that day, or at what point tony realised we were actually not going to come back. we assumed he had been washed away with the tide while waiting, but of course about a week later we saw him in town. Not only that, he was being arrested at the time. The random hippy i still see sometimes, though i'm quite sure he has no clue who i am.

and there you have it. The greatest day of my life.

Worst story ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back