Coolio? (1 Viewer)

Originally posted by michaelknight
:D The former Australian Olympics minister? Keep it fake, as you say...:)

You may be the fake Australian Olympics minister, and perhaps you are the fake 80's action hero, but are you a real muppet*?
:D :D :D :D :D .|..| :p

:eek: I know Bert isn't a "muppet" so shut up inanyways

my coolio hell

This one was funny. Supposedly to take the stage at 6, the red track-suited rapper and his nasty looking side-kick appeared at 6.20. Realising that Tower were expecting him to sing along to his own cd, they get the dj (providing the pre-instore entertainment) to find something they could work with. This lasted 10 mins. Then we finally get a sing-song out of them. Only one song mind you. Since it was Coolio's first instore show he said that he'd like to meet the fans and do a bit of a signing thing. He pointed out one kid (the only kid in the audience) to be the first one to meet him, it was at this point that everyone else left leaving the child and his daddy all to poor oul Coolio.

He even referred to us as Motherfuckers....gangsta rap man.

Re: my coolio hell

Originally posted by enchance
Realising that Tower were expecting him to sing along to his own cd, they get the dj (providing the pre-instore entertainment) to find something they could work with.

nope.
he was meant to sing along to a pre-prepared backing track he had, but his 'management' (Arty Fufkin would've been proud) realised that they'd left it behind at RTE (apparantly he was on The Den as well).
they only realised this after he had taken to the stage though.
the whole thing was really cringeworthy.

especially as his mic wasn't turned on for about 5 minutes.

best part was his little stoned cohort who'd passed out in the art deptartment of Tower an hour beforehand and had to be woken minutes before the 'show'.

Re: my coolio hell

Originally posted by enchance
This one was funny. Supposedly to take the stage at 6, the red track-suited rapper and his nasty looking side-kick appeared at 6.20. Realising that Tower were expecting him to sing along to his own cd, they get the dj (providing the pre-instore entertainment) to find something they could work with. This lasted 10 mins. Then we finally get a sing-song out of them. Only one song mind you. Since it was Coolio's first instore show he said that he'd like to meet the fans and do a bit of a signing thing. He pointed out one kid (the only kid in the audience) to be the first one to meet him, it was at this point that everyone else left leaving the child and his daddy all to poor oul Coolio.

He even referred to us as Motherfuckers....gangsta rap man.
Ha ha, sounds like a scene from I'm Alan Partridge, seriously though, anyone get it on tape?

He'll be hosting Telly Bingo next. :p

I do indeed AoifeD but how did you know? I anxiously joined the large queue and once at the top (2 mins later) I got to pose with El Cool Magnifico (his new name), I gave the Northside Massive hand signal and he did some wack hand signals. His sidekick was his cousin, came complete with a little five-a-side too. I dont blame him for falling asleep as they are on a whirwind promo tour and have had fuck all sleep. I wanted to tell him I loved the tune he did with Keenan and Kel but I felt sorry for the guy so didn't bother. At least he's making a buck even if he only gets respect from 12 year old wanna be scumbags and knacker birds

hehe

the best bit was when he realised that the reason his mike hadn't been working for the last 5 mins of confusion was because he hadn't switched it on
hahaha
he's still the man tho...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back