Coolies at war? (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter W.
  • Start date
  • Replies 125
  • Views 10K
  • Watchers 7
basically luke, darren and louie got arrested on halloween night. after the pigs had moved us on. we stoped at a local landmark and started hanging out again and they caught up with us and waited there till we dispersed. we didnt and people got arrested.
basically there wasa huge row between turlok and eoin cuz eoin said all we had to do was move on and they would have left us alone. he made the remark that was something similar to they would have been grand with us going somewhere else...they were sound enough....
this got blown up outta proportion and some people went mad yatta yatta yatta.....anyway that girl fnmrule on pfi was happy that luke and others were thrown in a cell (cuz for some reason on that site its cool to hate kilcoole people). just another stupid internet argument.

anyway luke is up on charges of drunk in public and loitering, and darren has loitering drunk in public and the possesion of a weapon (pocket knife)

are you sure she meant that she was happy about it coz 'its cool to hate kilcoole people'? maybe she was just sayin that being arrested was their own fault coz they were being uncooperative with the police. seems to me (from what i can understand of the arguement) that she was just very very angry coz one of your friends said the cops were sound. maybe she's just making an 'its cool to hate the police' statemtent.

note: this is just a suggestion, not an acusation. i dont really know anything about the situation, but it just seems like a big misunderstanding.

well personally, i have always hated them. i'm just glad its out in the open now.

if the whole thing happened as you say dara, and the cops were actually being sound about it, then it's really their own fault.

yeah it turn out i though yer one said that she was happy the lads got arrested(which she kinda was) and i lost the rag at her....anyway i think she was arguing the fact that someone called the pigs sound but anyway if you read through other posts/threads she uses anychance to have a little stab at people from kilcoole.

we probably should have moved on but ya know we were all drunk, it was halloween, darren just got his light taken off him for shining it in their faces- cuz they did it to him....then he took all their numbers off them and before long they just threw a few in the van for the sake of it.

eoin was just saying that they had been fair enough to not take cans off us or do anything else. i dont think he loves the pigs or anything which is what some people now think. its a stupoid argument over nothing. the shit thing is darren might get a hefty fine or some time in the joy for carrying a concealed weapon....but he should be ok with a character reference...seeing how he was a scout leader, life gaurd, outdoorsman and hence has allways carried a knife.
we'll see.

this whole "pig" thing really annoys me though. someone said some guards were sound so now they're a PIg Lover? its so childish. most guards are just people making a living and trying to support their families, same as anyone else. just because some of them are assholes doesnt mean you have to adopt an automatic "anti guards" stance.

it really is funny how so many of these "pig haters" are suprised when they get shit from cops.

this isnt a swipe at the kilcoole lads btw

i agree with you there. it's just a job to most of them. i live beside portlaoise prison and because it's a small town, i pretty much know who most of the guards in the town or in the prison are. their just doing a job. there's gonna be assholes in every profession or nut jobs who rise in the ranks and take their job too seriously. police just happen to have batons and the power to arrest people which some use sometimes to settle personal vendettas or get their own way. they abuse their positions and shouldnt be in them. i know portlaoise cops are famous for confiscating fireworks on halloween and giving them to their kids. that's both illegal and unfair.

i personally feel sorry for the regular joe soaps who work as cops. for the ones who dont get a sick pleasure out of it. imagine being a professional joykill?

i personally cant understand why anyone would want to be one but i wouldnt ''hate all pigs!!'' etc etc but the ones in kilcoole are the same 4 or 5 the whole time and we dont get along, so i dont like them. dublin cops seem to let ya do as ya like so long as your not spraying punk system destroy on walls or something like that!

Alan Remorse said:
it really is funny how so many of these "pig haters" are suprised when they get shit from cops.
i'd say many pig-haters aren't surprised at all when they get shit from cops...?

not really... cops are human too... their not all bad. just the ones who let the power go to their heads. like this chap.
3780_2.JPG

Corm said:
This is an oxymoron...
an oxymoron would be 'garda intelligence', 'cops being sound' is more of a contradiction in terms (often - i'm just on syntax-patrol here not cop-bash duty)

Yeah, SS officers were human too...so are rapists...so's the dude who pushed the button to drop the bomb...

The problem is that everyone can pass the buck and say "I'm just doing my job". Do you think that every person who took part in the atrocities in Auschwitz, Serbia, Indonesia and elsewhere were demons incarnate? No -many of them I'm sure were just doing a job and trying to feed their kids.

But they still took their part in perpetrating atrocities upon others.

The role of the police does not equal such atrocities in their everyday existence, but it's more than merely the actions of individual cops, it's what they stand for, the prevailing attitudes amongst them, and the fact that when it comes down to it they're the ones on the side of the rich and powerful and, nice dudes or not, they'll still kick you in the face and break your bones with batons if you get in their way. Maybe getting in their way is acting drunk and stupid, or maybe it's protesting for a just cause, or maybe it's breaking animals out of experiment laboritories, or maybe it's talking back to them when they insult you.

Sprinkles said:
Wasn't he given the name 'Robocop'? I'll agree with that...
yes but here he is in a suit
corcoran.jpg
and

"Inspector Majela Ryan of Fitzgibbon Street Garda Station said Garda Corcoran was known to him as a garda working in the community unit of Mountjoy Garda Station. He said that Gda Corcoran was selected due to his ability to interact with local residents and his excellent people skills (see pic).
(
4047_1.JPG
)
He told the jury that Garda Corcoran was also a victim support liaison officer and had initiated the set up of a support group for asylum seekers in the local community.

Insp Ryan said that as the ethnic liaison officer, Gda Corcoran had gained the trust of the people who attended the support group and had an excellent rapport with them."

yeh i agree with cormac, i dont think every cop is a bad person per say, but the idea of them having authority over other people is ridiculous, especially since as you said your self, they are only human, like the rest of us. and as for the lads being "uncooperative with the police", fair fucks to them. we shouldnt give the police the satisfaction of saying how high when they say jump!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back