Cool Places to stay in Ireland (1 Viewer)

Most of them work out cheaper than a hotel if you've got enough people.

We stayed at 25 Eustace for our wedding and it was fuckin' deadly. We wanted to stay somewhere that wasn't our house, but somewhere where we could actually have guests come and hang out, and it was actually way cheaper than a hotel suite. It was about half the price per night of the cheapest hotel suite, and it was absolutely gorgeous, comfortable, and so, so worth it. We also had a bunch of our wedding pics taken in it, which was handy.

The central heating is surprisingly good, too. Only problem was that on the Friday night, the main bedroom overlooks the main pukeriver that is Temple Bar, and it was so loud we had to sleep in the less fancy bedroom. But it was fine on the other nights because we were up late ourselves.

We really wanna book the lighthouse.

Yeah im thinking of Annes Gatehouse or the Drum Gatehouse for Easter. Gonna drop into them today and try get a deal, looks like they are all free easter weekend, unless the site is fect.

Yeah im thinking of Annes Gatehouse or the Drum Gatehouse for Easter. Gonna drop into them today and try get a deal, looks like they are all free easter weekend, unless the site is fect.

Do! They really need to be better promoted, I think. I also wonder if maybe they're better known to foreign tourists, and maybe there's been a dropoff. But we booked only a few weeks in advance for ours, and it was over a rugby weekend.

They also do an excellent job with restoration, or at least I think so. It's modern and convenient and all, but still sympathetic to the building's original use. They don't make things overly fancy, and in a way, I think that makes them that bit more 'authentic'.

The people in the office were really nice when we booked, and they looked after us well.

I :heart: The Landmark Trust.

I hope you have yourself a nice landmark tryst.

I booked a cool Gate Lodge up north, well it looks good on paper. €340 for 4 nights, pretty cool, got 10% discount in the shop too. Its mad that you can cheaper deals offline these days.

Its mad that you can cheaper deals offline these days.

That's not a new thing.
It's always worth ringing up the hotel after you've checked the online prices.

When we went to NYC a couple of years back we got it cheaper over the phone than online.
The girlfriend's ma was going to San Sebastian & when she rang the hotel they said if she booked 3 nights she'd get the 4th night free.

Can you imagine 4 people locking themselves into this thing for a weekend?

It would either be the best weekend ever or the plot for a horror movie.

wlh1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back