Computer self build dream thread (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 87
  • Views 6K
  • Watchers 2

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Solutions
I'm saving for a new computer.I'm fucking sick of having a totally out of date half bandy machine with which to make my musical creations.I'm gonna start by simply saving a tenner a week and selling everything that isnt nailed down in the gaf....I'm thinking something like this YEOWZA

Seeing as though I have all the hard drives and all the gfx cards and audio cards and a case..this seems like a fairly doable/affordable way to get rocking with a bit of style.Just pop em all together and let rip with the synthesizers!

My question..have you done it?Is it great?Was it as handy as I think?What did you build?Have you a better idea?

I'd rather that too..well actually maybe not.I'm like a sponge with the learning these days and I quite like the idea of getting this together myself.I'm NEVER gonna have the money to get a good yoke any other way than this.Seriously.Never.

it's easy as long as you take your time & are careful.

i put in a new CPU (i7-2600), motherboard (ASUS P8 Z68-V) & 8GB RAM last year for about €520 I think. then in January I replaced my old Chieftec case with a Coolermaster Silencio 550 and stuck in an Antec kuhler 920 watercooler for €160. Happy now.

Trigger's broom.

its a great waste of time to go on the mac site and see what the most expensive possible bastard computer you can order is.

you'd build hal in pc format for the same money.

its a great waste of time to go on the mac site and see what the most expensive possible bastard computer you can order is.

you'd build hal in pc format for the same money.

this is it - this PC outperforms a top of the range iMac which costs 3x as much. Granted, my 27" LCD doesn't look as good as an iMac... My €8 PC World Mac knock-off keyboard is fairly convincing though.

Well..triggers broom is the perfect analogy for where I'm currently and have been at for the last 5 years.

I'm getting serious about this recording malarky.Need to get the right gear.Its a great motivator...knowing you've got a rapid instrument/computer whatever to play with.

jaze Pete 520 for all that!

Thats fucking AWESOME.

I've researched the bejaysus outta this and I think I'll do alright with the AMD gear...wont be as powerful as intel but I'm onlly doing audio so its a big price difference

I just read this on the Reaper forum..from 2010...on an x4 phenom

The last project I had running in my old system was glitching on 128 samples although it wasn't at 100% cpu.

In my new system the same project was multiplied four times and ran smoothly at 64 samples. Cpu was at 66%.

That amounts to 72 tracks, 16 Acmebargig Shreds, and about 140 plugs not including the fairly heavy master chain.

Thats what I'm talking about..I'm gonna get this shit together if its he last thing I do

It's definitely worth doing yourself. My pc is a triggers broom. Have been working on it for 16 years - the only original parts now are one HD (not connected) and the fdd (which doesn't actually work anymore). I haven't the heart to throw either of them away.

See my dream bundle has dropped in price ..aww yeah ...gonna bring a load of records into town and try and sell em....get the ball rolling.Current machine was maxed out on latest tune.How?I've no idea,no unusual amount of shit going on...ahh well...soon...I'll be computing with gas!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back