Comprehensive list of crap that's broken / missing. (1 Viewer)

Is there an option to disable the hoover box/text that appears when you hover over a forum thread link? It's useless eye candy with redundant information.

93MU4u3.png

"Mark Forums Read" does it

That's the thing, marking forums as read just clears the flag. doesn't get rid of it. The information it denotes is the number of posts that have been created since my last visit, which is a useless indicator, I don't read every post here, just the active threads that look interesting.

Noticed that. Replies to older threads (pre-migration) are being published too but that's not so much a biggie. Dust will settle soon.

Actually, having moved off Google Reader, old threads are being re-published as new when a post is updated & this is gonna annoy me again. They shouldn't be announced. Is there an option to only announce newly created threads?

Is there some sort of forum plugin that will only activate YT embeds when they're clicked on? Whether you're on a slow or fast machine, there's no way to combat against the browser chugging that happens when you load a thread page with 20+ flash embeds.

See boingboing for an example of what they do: http://boingboing.net/2013/10/21/marching-band-does-excellent-m.html (Quick source of that page shows they pull the video preview image from YT, stick a transparent .png of a play button over it, wrap some JS around it so that when it's clicked, an iFrame is activated that then loads the flash video component.)

Is there some sort of forum plugin that will only activate YT embeds when they're clicked on? Whether you're on a slow or fast machine, there's no way to combat against the browser chugging that happens when you load a thread page with 20+ flash embeds.

See boingboing for an example of what they do: http://boingboing.net/2013/10/21/marching-band-does-excellent-m.html (Quick source of that page shows they pull the video preview image from YT, stick a transparent .png of a play button over it, wrap some JS around it so that when it's clicked, an iFrame is activated that then loads the flash video component.)

innnteresting. something similar is available for social sharing buttons, so the FB/ Twatter JS is only loaded when you click the button, although it means an extra click is then needed to like / tweet / shart. The JS it uses breaks other stuff here but i'll see if (a) that can be fixed and (b) the same principle can be extended to video embeds.

innnteresting. something similar is available for social sharing buttons, so the FB/ Twatter JS is only loaded when you click the button, although it means an extra click is then needed to like / tweet / shart. The JS it uses breaks other stuff here but i'll see if (a) that can be fixed and (b) the same principle can be extended to video embeds.

Notice for the boingboing implementation, the YT embed autoplays when the iFrame is loaded so no extra click required to play the video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back