Comprehensive List of Bands I'm Afraid to See Live Because They might Not Live Up To My Expectations (4 Viewers)

Bjork - I'll tell you in a few weeks, just got tickets for her show here, and I'm lukewarm on the last couple of albums too.

To follow up on this, she was fantastic last night. Similar band lineup to the Vespertine era with a female choir and a couple of lads on electronics and percussion. The stuff from the newest album comes across much better live. They did a good set of older tunes from Vespertine\Post\Homogenic and had a fucking Tesla coil in a cage that descended from the stage roof to make ominous bass noises.

I suppose i'm a bit afraid of seeing Weezer live.

I was going to say that I saw Weezer recently and that they were amazing, one of the best gigs I've seen. Then I remembered it was 8 years ago and they were only really at the start of their slide into shite. One of my mates saw them the last time they played Oxegen and said they were pretty poor. And he's a major fan. Said they played Teenage Dirtbag which was kind of horrible

I was going to say that I saw Weezer recently and that they were amazing, one of the best gigs I've seen. Then I remembered it was 8 years ago and they were only really at the start of their slide into shite. One of my mates saw them the last time they played Oxegen and said they were pretty poor. And he's a major fan. Said they played Teenage Dirtbag which was kind of horrible

I was working at that, so didn't really have any expectations and was pleasantly surprised. They stuck mostly to the first 2 albums apart from Teenage Dirtbag and some hits from the later albums. It was fine. The were sharing a stage with Ke$ha and the Black Eyed Peas so I had my bar set pretty low for the day, I have to admit.

Oh and Blur.

I haven't seen them since the 90's and I can't decide if I want to probably taint those memories.

Saw blur at primavera and they were the best band I saw. Blur were the first band i was into as a youngster and seeing them again was a joy. Even their naff songs like girls and boys and country house were great fun as the gig itself was a celebration of their entire musical trajectory as a band. I had to buy a ticket for the dublin gig when I got home because it was that good.

I'd say if you were ever a fan then go to see them, because they played really well and it seemed honest ( i.e not a phoned in performance that I suspect a lot of these 'reunion' bands are doing ).

Can't wait.

i like beach house on the stereo.

they bored the fucking flesh from my face at primavera last year

The first 30 minutes or so in the sun was pretty dull, but things brightened up when it got dark. It also took the soundman a while to get it right, but the last 5 or 6 songs were great.

In a live setting, bands like Beach House need the darkness or the indoors. I'm thinking the same may apply to Kraftwerk tonight.

72606_10201761661150259_307844773_n.jpg

Saw blur at primavera and they were the best band I saw. Blur were the first band i was into as a youngster and seeing them again was a joy. Even their naff songs like girls and boys and country house were great fun as the gig itself was a celebration of their entire musical trajectory as a band. I had to buy a ticket for the dublin gig when I got home because it was that good.

I'd say if you were ever a fan then go to see them, because they played really well and it seemed honest ( i.e not a phoned in performance that I suspect a lot of these 'reunion' bands are doing ).

Can't wait.

they were class alright

The first 30 minutes or so in the sun was pretty dull, but things brightened up when it got dark. It also took the soundman a while to get it right, but the last 5 or 6 songs were great.

In a live setting, bands like Beach House need the darkness or the indoors. I'm thinking the same may apply to Kraftwerk tonight.

again, bored the face off me yesterday

I really enjoyed Beach House last night. But ... I agree that indoors suits them much better.

Back on thread topic: Swans. Can't wait though.

The first 30 minutes or so in the sun was pretty dull, but things brightened up when it got dark. and I left to go see a better band playing elsewhere It also took the soundman a while to get it right but then he turned down all of their audio and played side Check Your Head instead so the last 5 or 6 songs were great.

In a live setting, bands like Beach House need the darkness, total darkness, and better song,s and to be a different band all togehter like Kraftwerk for example. They'd be great if they were Kraftwerk but they're not, they're Beach House, shit buzz for them really.

Intense feelings of Meh not pictured

Fixed.

The first 30 minutes or so in the sun was pretty dull, but things brightened up when it got dark. and I left to go see a better band playing elsewhere It also took the soundman a while to get it right but then he turned down all of their audio and played side Check Your Head instead so the last 5 or 6 songs were great.

In a live setting, bands like Beach House need the darkness, total darkness, and better song,s and to be a different band all togehter like Kraftwerk for example. They'd be great if they were Kraftwerk but they're not, they're Beach House, shit buzz for them really.

Intense feelings of Meh not pictured

Fixed.

Can't wait.

Their naff songs are by far their best song!

Ok, I will examine my finances

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back