Comic Books (1 Viewer)

PAYING-FOR-IT-Chester-Brown-Cover.jpg

Just started reading this at the weekend. It's an utterly engaging, unflinching account of the artist's life as a John. Enlightening, amusing and absorbing.

paying_magnum.jpg

media_httpwwwboingboi_lggff-scaled1000.jpg

Anyone know where I can download back issue copies of comics that are out of print? I was looking through some of my collection earlier with a view to rereading some of the arcs and I've lost the odd one here and there. Have no intention of forking out for a trade PB just to not miss out on a single issue. Is there a torrent site for comics?

I download most of mine from a livejournal site, but its members only, anything you're looking for in particular?

I just started reading this and I like it so far

URL]

Anyone know where I can download back issue copies of comics that are out of print? I was looking through some of my collection earlier with a view to rereading some of the arcs and I've lost the odd one here and there. Have no intention of forking out for a trade PB just to not miss out on a single issue. Is there a torrent site for comics?

Demonoid seems like a pretty good resource for comics

Can anyone recommend where's best to look for Graphic Novels in Dublin? I've been browsing through Forbidden Planet and the obvious comic book outlets, but I'm looking for a broader stock of alternative writers like Dan Clowes, Charles Burns, Adrian Tomine - Fantagraphics and Drawn & Quarterly type stuff. When I was in Melbourne I was absolutely spoilt for choice when it came to good retailers, and I miss the process of actually picking up a book and looking at it before purchasing. Having said all that, any new links to online sellers would be great too.

Cheers!

Can anyone recommend where's best to look for Graphic Novels in Dublin? I've been browsing through Forbidden Planet and the obvious comic book outlets, but I'm looking for a broader stock of alternative writers like Dan Clowes, Charles Burns, Adrian Tomine - Fantagraphics and Drawn & Quarterly type stuff. When I was in Melbourne I was absolutely spoilt for choice when it came to good retailers, and I miss the process of actually picking up a book and looking at it before purchasing. Having said all that, any new links to online sellers would be great too.

Cheers!

fix your avatar

For authors like the ones you named, you're probably better off with Hodges & Figgis or Chapters. They get a fair amount of new stuff in from Fantagraphics, D&Q, Last Gasp etc. but are pretty bad for stocking older stuff. I'm sure you could get them to order stuff in for you aswell. You'll ocassionally find decent stuff in the second hand section of Chapters too. They had the entire run of Hate in the slim paperbacks the last time I was there. The actual comic book shops have ridiculous and seemingly arbitrary markup, while also having only a marginally better selection of books from independent publishers than the regular book shops.

I wish I could afford to buy comics again :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back