colleges (1 Viewer)

swingkid

Website
www.wfmu.org
hey does anyone have contact email addresses for playing in colleges?
i emailed all the ents officers in lots of colleges around ireland last year and got no replys at all...
thanks

If you tell them you do U2 covers and have loads of free beer they might....just might reply. Afterall, they're probably pissed or high or whatever....

I don't have any current college contacts, but for 2 years I rang up ents officers, su heads, etc. etc. looking for college gigs, and all we managed to get was a couple of shitty afternoon canteen things playing to disinterested students trying to eat their lunch. Not recommended

i wouldn't do it either. under any circumstances. not if you have any self respect.
but, i can get you a number for a guy in ucd whos involved in that sort of thing if you really want to. you have been warned though... :)

My old band did a few college gigs. If you play it knowing that only about 2 people will even gve a shit it's ok. If you can get a few quid out of them it could be fine.

We've always enjoyed college gigs. Usually cos they coincided with rag week or beer promotions etc.

Just try for something beery with a nice late slot so they're all über-pished and getting messy. Then call them poxy student bastard cunts mid-gig and see what they do.

Works for us.

swingkid (12 Feb, 2002 05:46 p.m.):
i emailed all the ents officers in lots of colleges around ireland last year and got no replys at all...
thanks

Don't bother with DCU, all they want is cover bands.

hey lorcanzo, you never told me you were going to be playing for 3 hours in Butts - seems a bit excessive... :p

are there any other bands that night or is it just the two?

swingkid (12 Feb, 2002 05:46 p.m.):
thanks

If you really want to do that (unrecommended) then contact us and I will get Dave to put you in touch with his mates in the SU's all round the Country (he was the Founder of the National Student Music Awards and will run it again). Should be able to get a few gigs but very little money (unless it's Rag week or something). Email [email protected]

Can get you on the bill at NCI Ranelagh for 1st week in March and another (in a pub in the Docklands) for March 13th, maybe. But the pay will be shit...

im in ucd, and could help out if anyone needs a hand getting gigs

dont bother with the su. pack of wasters.

dont bother with the alternative music society. pack of wasters.

How do you get gigs in UCD without going through the SU? Please tell us all.

Music and all "Ents" are fucked there this year. The Ents Officer has been unofficially fired, and the other SU staff admit ot not having a clue about music (and too much else to do).
Not to worry, after this year they'll be getting rid of the notion of an elected member of the student body as Ents officer and replacing it with an Ents manager, an unelected, though presumably interviewed, responsible and answerable to someone, somewhere (heh heh heh).

There's plenty of multinationals with inflatables around in the meantime for the students to play with. And Aslan too.

Keeror (11 Mar, 2002 04:15 p.m.):

Not to worry, after this year they'll be getting rid of the notion of an elected member of the student body as Ents officer and replacing it with an Ents manager, an unelected, though presumably interviewed, responsible and answerable to someone, somewhere (heh heh heh).

thats not true at all, the referendum to bring in an ents manager was defeated so we will retain an elected ents officer,
im sayin nowt about altsoc, nowt at all.

Sorry, I posted about the Ents manager before I read about the referendum results.
It always amazes me how loyal students are to their elected reps no matter how often they fuck up.
Or maybe the only students who vote in student elections are the candidates and those directly associated with them?

Anyway, I don't think the Rednecks played UCD, and the Jimmy Cake certainly didn't. There was some talk, but the ents people were unable to follow up and actually arrange a gig.

Come to Dun Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design & Technology to watch Pez on thursday to see how you're supposed to treat a college crowd...
Muck, blood, insults and hopefully a full-on diggin' match with headliner Jason Byrne.
We'll fuckin show him what's funny.

The frikkin' dastards bought their setup from whelan's but the sound ends up being shite cos of the room. All the more reason to fuck it up

Keeror (12 Mar, 2002 03:38 p.m.):
Sorry, I posted about the Ents manager before I read about the referendum results.
It always amazes me how loyal students are to their elected reps no matter how often they fuck up.
Or maybe the only students who vote in student elections are the candidates and those directly associated with them?

Anyway, I don't think the Rednecks played UCD, and the Jimmy Cake certainly didn't. There was some talk, but the ents people were unable to follow up and actually arrange a gig.

the only reason ents was so shit this year was because that fuckin fianna fail cunt aonghus fuckin cry baby hourihane, wouldnt let the ents officer do his job. he went in to office with the distinct criteria of holding a referendum to do away with the ents officer. ents would go down the toilet without an ents officer, all it would be is C&E type events all year round. the SU are SUCH PRICKS!!!
anyway this is neither the time nor place i suppose
so im off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back