colleges (1 Viewer)

I get the impression Eoin was basically incompetant though - he was no good at letting bands know if they were/weren't playing at least, which I would have thought would be fairly fundamental.

None of this helps anyone get a gig in UCD though does it? As you say, neither the time nor the place.

So: How do you get gigs in UCD without going through the SU? Please tell us all.

em, i suppose the music society, they appear to have had their shit relatively together, more so at least than alt-soc. UCD is such a really really shit place to play anyway.nobody gives a flying fuck about what youre doing unless its trad or funny. which is all very well until you play and you arent playing trad or arent very funny. the sound is shit, the soundman is a tosser. its shit shit shit.
so are you in ucd then?

Yup, back for one more year...
I'm one of those lonely old post-grads you see wandering around the place.

It's such a shame that a college with such potentially good facilities and potentially large audiences doesn't have more and better music events.
But then, if they can't even manage a decent sandwich or a drinkable cup of coffee....

Stuart Little (13 Mar, 2002 04:41 p.m.):
I think I still have a few fosters dollars banging about somewhere, are they still doing that promo in the bar?
I know it's been 8 years since it started, but it wouldn't surprise me.

actually it went out with the punt funnily enough. fosters are just cheaper now.

UCD from a music point of view has gone up shit creek very quickly over the last year. In terms of Ents' failure it was due to a number of factors, bad luck being a major one, the president of the su being a moron and just general apathy in ucd.
In terms of Altsoc(ucd's alternative music society), it was a joke last year and is a bigger joke this year.
This year there is very little chance(well none) of getting a gig in ucd, but thankfully the newly elected ents officer really seems to know his stuff, and is a big fan of some of the better bands who float around thumped.
So if you are looking for gigs next year or coverage in the college newspapers, next year should be pretty good for everyone concerned.
Plus if there's any irish bands releasing albums over the next month(before mid may) and want em reviewed in the ucd tribune, contact me at [email protected] and i'll see what i can do for ya.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back