Cold remedies....quick (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter The
  • Start date
  • Replies 19
  • Views 1K
  • Watchers 0

The

so I am in the middle of my exams and my body has decided to flip me the ol' finger and get a cold.............. a bad one at that. Nothing worse than sitting in an exam hall coughing til you think you're going to throw up and sniffling loud enough for everyone to start thinking "manky....get a fucking tissue like". anyone have some miracle cures

Get a massive bulb of garlic. Chop it up. Eat it all. Your immune system will thank you.

Home made chicken soup is also a cure worth considering. It has to be home made though, none of your dust in a packet shite.

Drink loads of glasses of water with a lemon or a lime squeezed into it.

Get well soon :)

Garlic?? Seriously??
I'll give it a bash........kinda scared though, I'm not the biggest fan. Thanks :)

[size=-1]Garlic is natures friend to us all.
[/size]

[size=-1]
Robbed from BBC -

[/size]

[size=-1]So, how does garlic prevent and cure colds?[/size]

[size=-2]
[/size]

• [size=-1]
  • Garlic has both antiviral and immune-stimulating properties.
  • A daily garlic supplement contains allicin, a purified component of garlic. It is considered to be the major biologically active agent produced by the plant.
  • Allicin blocks key enzymes that aid bacteria and viruses in their effort to invade and damage tissues.
  • Allicin reduces the risk of catching a cold by more than half. [/size]

I'd stay away from dairy products until your cold has gone if I were you. Milk and cheese bring on severe amounts of phlegm.

haha I had just poured myself a glass of milk when I read your post. I'll see if the dog wants it

I have a cold to... Ive just been drinking lemsips.. I coughed phelm up onto the table today in home ec. Thank jesus no one seen me doing it... I wouldnt been able to handle a cough and the jeering I would have gotten for being such a scumbag...

Im in transition year so all my friends are in all my classes so I tend to keep with them as I dont like the hurlers and I dont listen to Rooster. I go to Colaiste Bride.

Singer's remedy is good for colds in general and people who aren't necessarily in operas.

extension of what s'tramp said...

THree times a day:

- hot water (not boiling)
- squeeze in juice of a lemon (or lime)
- chop up some fresh ginger root and bung in
- add honey to taste (you can use normal sugar but it's not as good)
- drink
- relax
- get some sleep fuxake!
- relax again

do the garlic thing too, if you don't like the taste then buy garlic perles but the reals stuff's better, if the smell thing is bothering then eat fresh parsley to counteract it.

Paracetamol can also be useful, minimises some of the cold symptoms.

my god i managed a clove of garlic........ strong stuff, it burns. I am already drugged up on paracetomol and I took a couple of anti histamines and some echinacea and a lemsip. possibly overdid it but sure they will knock me out soon enough and I should get a nice sleep tonight.

I've been doing exams with a rotten cold too. no fun, for the blocked up nose etc. ye olde vicks vaporub does wonders.

mdma gets rid of a cold instantly.
but i cannot recommend that for it is illegal and dangerous (well more illegal and impossible to obtain than dangerous)
anyway
try large doses of vitamin a, more effective than vitamin c
and garlic is good for everything!

Brian Conniffe said:
and garlic is good for everything!

not so good for this dude
dracula.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back