Coffee (2 Viewers)

Coffee is best enjoyed

• Total voters
I see a electric coffee bean grinder for sale in Lidl this week. Thinking of getting one. Normally I just buy a cheap pre ground bag for my cheap (€16) coffee maker. Is it worth the effort to grind?

I see a electric coffee bean grinder for sale in Lidl this week. Thinking of getting one. Normally I just buy a cheap pre ground bag for my cheap (€16) coffee maker. Is it worth the effort to grind?

It is if you get good beans. But that's a blade rather than burr grinder, which most people who are really into coffee say is a bad thing.

I use a hand grinder with a burr, takes about a minute to grind enough for a cup, probably less in fact. Electric burr grinders are pretty dear.

Apparently freshly ground makes all the difference, according to a mate who knows way more than I would. People who spend a tonne of money on expensive coffee makers and put pre-ground coffee in are something of a joke supposedly. I definitely noticed the difference when we used to have one in the gaff (gone with an old housemate alas).

I want to get a cheapish grinder that will do beans for french press and filter. where should I be looking coffee gurus?

i got a stove-top espresso thingy recently but i don't use it that often because the strength of the coffee makes me feel a bit mental, and i apparently can't stop myself from making it as strong as possible and finishing the whole lot
also it really highlights shitty coffee in a way the cafetiere doesn't

I have one of the stove top ones at home and a small cafetiere at work, the find the cafetiere nicer most of the time. The stove one says it makes 10 coffees but that's nonsense. I generally get two small cups out of it and I top those up with water. It's too strong for me without the water

got a gift of one of these. Dead handy. first time grinding the beans myself. must make a pot with pre-ground coffee and try and make a comparison. apparently the coffee I've made for folks over the last few days using freshly ground beans has been 'fucking unbelievable' anyway

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My favourite weekend morning routine, sadly parked for now (not toddler compatible) was hand grinding beans while the kettle boiled.
It is totally worth it, beats pre-ground hands down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back