Coffee (1 Viewer)

Coffee is best enjoyed

• Total voters
I don't water it down loads, just a little, I'm not drinking 20 cups worth of espresso a day (I hope)
well when you say Bialetti I assume you mean one of these yokes?

001430_large.jpg

wiki says

Moka pot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Moka pots are sometimes referred to as stove-top espresso makers and produce coffee with an extraction ratio similar to (but somewhat higher than) that of a conventional espresso machine"

so, eh....

You could recommend it to the rest of us.

I had assumed that buying beans would be cheaper than buying ground coffee since you have to grind it yourself but that seems not to be the case. I got a grinder at Christmas and bought a bag of beans for just under €10 and it ran out a few days later. I haven't seen any for sale in Carrickmacross.

imbibe.ie

I get my beans as part of his coffee club

someone (possibly @dudley or @Shaney ?) posted some tips for using an espresso pot a few weeks ago (don't clean it with soap and don't boil all of the water through were two points) but i can't find it...anyone remember where it was?

Wasn't me. I found a bottle of this bizarre looking stuff in the mothers kitchen at the weekend
Irel-Coffee-700x700.jpg

I haven't tried it yet

My granny always had this in the house. I used to think it was really, really old but I think they just never updated the packaging.

camp2.jpg

We used to add it to hot water as a substitute for coffee. One of many aspects of staying in my granny's house that made me think the war was still on. I bet it was disgusting but thankfully I have no memory of it.

this was my recent order from a crowd called "Pure Roast Coffee". probably around 5x cheaper than buying beans from the shop. they deliver via courier and it took 2 days to get to me. recommended...

Description Unit price Qty Amount
Temple Bar Espresso Coffee Beans 1kg
Item# TBEB1KG €8.16 EUR 1 €8.16 EUR
Colombian Supremo Coffee Beans 1kg
Item# CSCB1KG €14.70 EUR 1 €14.70 EUR
Shipping
Item# Courier €4.95 EUR 1 €4.95 EUR
Subtotal €27.81 EUR
Total €27.81 EUR
Payment €27.81 EUR

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back