Cock of the Walk, Fri 21st of March The Village (1 Viewer)

Originally posted by Unclealo
So anyways we had a good laugh plugging all asunder on Phantom. We got a nice on air text from the pope going:

"Go on the bogger rock" or some such.

funny interview there unclealo.
'lovin the bogger rock' i said.

pluggin the fuck out of things/mumbin deaf ro/settler/and the ballroom weren't ye though?

it sounded like backslaps a go-go at times. still..

I actually heard a bit of your interview on Saturday (not that I listen to Phantom or anything...er...). It was deadly - you must've plugged almost everything and everyone in Ireland! She played a song straight after the interview ended and myself and Psycho part deux were wondering if it was one of yours.

Originally posted by the pope
funny interview there unclealo.
'lovin the bogger rock' i said.

pluggin the fuck out of things/mumbin deaf ro/settler/and the ballroom weren't ye though?

it sounded like backslaps a go-go at times. still..

Yep. Flog it several inches beyond its lifespan I say
;)

Hey unclealo, you heard your Phantom ad yet? Haven't heard mine yet.

By the way, liked the photo of HGF's queing for the jacks that featured with the tribune article.

Great show! Really great!

Yeah, I lick ass. Whatever, and I'm good at it. Jealous? This is about the show though, so shut up.

I'd never seen any of these three bands before this gig.

Steerage were a delight to watch...like Reality TV that I didn't have to feel guilty about. They took us into their basement and let us hang out while they rocked out. It's been a long time since I've watched a band without a singer...I think I want to do this more often. I was able to focus on technique, skill and risk without being distracted by a front person. Cutest of the three bands on the bill, but the best thing was their music. Well constructed, melodious, big RAWK!

Large Mound. The name scares me, I'm not sure exactly what they're talking about. External female genitalia? Or Newgrange? I've been wanting to see these guys for a while as their name seems to be everywhere. I was warned they'd be loud and cacophonous but I actually found them quite focused and highly able. More great rock songs and the lead singer wore a really cute top. A perfect hand off from where Steerage left off and the perfect lubrication for the HGF's.

Holy Ghost Fathers...what the fuck? Brilliant performance. 9 out of 10 stars.
Great execution, energy, outfits, songs and prescence. I couldn't believe these were those guys who hang out at the Ballroom! The crowd responded very well to the celebration of the new release and were fully entertained - though I found the undergarment thrown on stage to be a bit sad. No points off the band for that one though, hopefully their audience will catch up to the level of maturity these artists have achieved. The song with the banjo was a real highlight and the well played theramin was used to great effect and with great restraint which was appreciated. I'm a fan of the theramin but I find that most acts usually hang themselves with it via self indulgent overuse. A vocal rehearsal for the song with only the ooooh's in it would have given this set a perfect 10. (Someone said it was the sound system which it very well may have been.) Very excited to hear the HGF's at The Hoot Night and I'm just waiting on payday to pick up the new CD with the fantastic design work. Congratulations guys, you rocked the house and thanks for a great show! Totally kicked.

!baggyyyy

Indeedy it rocked. I liked when Aodh and Allen did the cawing thing (where they pretend to be chickens, sorry, cocks). I was doubled over but it was also strangely poetic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back