Clothes and haircuts (3 Viewers)

I bought a keffiyeh from the west bank before christmas and it arrived last week. I haven't been to any of the protests but I thought it'd be some sort of visible support on the issue.

Now that it's here I don't know if I have the stones to wear it out.

I bought this a few weeks ago. A charity thing. I like it because it subverts the poppy people message. Haven't worn it yet. Like you I expect, I don't really have the stones/patience to get into arguments with friends and random strangers.

Attachments

• IMG_20240110_162545.jpg
    IMG_20240110_162545.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
I bought this a few weeks ago. A charity thing. I like it because it subverts the poppy people message. Haven't worn it yet. Like you I expect, I don't really have the stones/patience to get into arguments with friends and random strangers.
In direct contrast to this the drummer in our band works with a guy who frequently wears a Vladimir Putin t-shirt out in public. Not because he supports him or anything. He just likes annoying people.

yeah, the Jeffrey Dahmer look is all the rage at the moment

It's been de rigueur in Shoreditch for over a decade. I hate it. Add rolled up jeans, DM's and a badly fitting woolen jumper. Leave the socks at home.

In direct contrast to this the drummer in our band works with a guy who frequently wears a Vladimir Putin t-shirt out in public. Not because he supports him or anything. He just likes annoying people.

I used to work with a South African guy who joined the French Foreign Legion, and then went AWOL. He liked wearing a t-shirt that said Dien Bien Phu. I think I was one of the only people who got the reference, but clearly he was waiting for someone to call him on it. He had never been to Vietnam.

Unhappy people like to make other people that way

I've always found finding clothes & shoes I like difficult. I'm not fashionable, or even that into clothes but I am fussy and particular and have a limited range of what i think suits me. I remember years ago people wearing combats, I hated combats.... and those 3/4 length shorts.... even worse, in fact shorts in general. I also hate clothes with big gaudy logos on them. Bright luminous colours are fucking hideous looking. Multi coloured dad runners...vomit & don't get me started on those padded jackets and tracksuits. I don't like short sleeved shirts either for some reason. Rarely wear t-shirts, I haven't woren a band t-shirt in over....25 years. I could go on....

I've always found finding clothes & shoes I like difficult. I'm not fashionable, or even that into clothes but I am fussy and particular and have a limited range of what i think suits me. I remember years ago people wearing combats, I hated combats.... and those 3/4 length shorts.... even worse, in fact shorts in general. I also hate clothes with big gaudy logos on them. Bright luminous colours are fucking hideous looking. Multi coloured dad runners...vomit & don't get me started on those padded jackets and tracksuits. I don't like short sleeved shirts either for some reason. Rarely wear t-shirts, I haven't woren a band t-shirt in over....25 years. I could go on....
I still wear very similar clothes to over 30 years ago. not too hard to find non fad clothes I am happy with.
Runners often look terrible alright but I try to go for a walk every day and there's a lot of loud creaky floor boards in my house so I wear runners a lot. able to find decent looking runners without too much problem.

As a woman, I find it difficult to find decent affordable clothing for those in their 30's-40's. Everything is for those in their 20's or under or prints that make one look like a grandmother. If I could get away with Dexi's dungarees everyday, I would.

As a woman, I find it difficult to find decent affordable clothing for those in their 30's-40's. Everything is for those in their 20's or under or prints that make one look like a grandmother. If I could get away with Dexi's dungarees everyday, I would.
Are you talking about dress up clothes? That tends to be case that they make women look older.

Being a male lunkhead I only wear stuff suitable for cleaning toilets unless I am going to a funeral.
Hardly have any clothes that cost over 40 Euro except shoes.

Are you talking about dress up clothes? That tends to be case that they make women look older.

Being a male lunkhead I only wear stuff suitable for cleaning toilets unless I am going to a funeral.
Hardly have any clothes that cost over 40 Euro except shoes.

Not even "dress up" clothes, more casual/professional. Don't even get me started on cropped shirts, cropped jumpers, and button up shirts that have no right size due to females being completely different. They either button up and are huge or they fit everywhere but where it buttons and leaves gaps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back