Clothes and haircuts (1 Viewer)

Were you smoking a pipe or wearing blue and white stripes with a peacoat?
Heavy coat, work boots, unshaven, cigarette. Weather beaten/hungover face, hungry. Massive work bag, determined walk, because I was probably late for something. Fed up looking.

Trying to normalise getting a haircut every couple of months instead of leaving it for a year and feeling like a dope going back. 4 back and sides, do what you will with what is left of the top.

find a barber that is quick, silent, and cheap.
it took me a while to find one nearby, but now I'm sorted.

recently I’ve been going to a place run by a no-nonsense vietnamese matriarch with a flock of younger guys doing the actual haircuts, with whom I have basically no shared language. a roll of the dice every time but it’s worked out pretty well so far, even though the latest one was a bit more of a korean-boy-band sort of thing than I want or need as a middle-aged man

Trying to normalise getting a haircut every couple of months instead of leaving it for a year and feeling like a dope going back. 4 back and sides, do what you will with what is left of the top.

I'm still struggling with this as well. 6 months since the last one. Big thick mop again.

recently I’ve been going to a place run by a no-nonsense vietnamese matriarch with a flock of younger guys doing the actual haircuts, with whom I have basically no shared language. a roll of the dice every time but it’s worked out pretty well so far, even though the latest one was a bit more of a korean-boy-band sort of thing than I want or need as a middle-aged man

take it as a compliment - you clearly have enough hair to pull it off.

1712833159507.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back