Climate change global warming natural disaster freak weather etc. (6 Viewers)

we'll be seeing more of this sort of stuff I think as the basic 'switch off or adapt capitalism' solution to climate change is basically ineffective in the short-medium term.

SOx in the atmosphere is the insect protein of the geoengineering world - would almost certainly work, would have other unforeseen effects, and no-one really wants to back it just yet

I cared more about the environment 30 years ago 'cause time was on our side then. We knew the measures necessary in the late 1980's and few of them were undertaken. We are long past being fucked.
There was 4 billion folks in 1975 and 8 billion now. I blame the parents.
Just decide how yer going to tell yer kids and grandkids yer sorry for fucking everything up.

I cared more about the environment 30 years ago 'cause time was on our side then. We knew the measures necessary in the late 1980's and few of them were undertaken. We are long past being fucked.
There was 4 billion folks in 1975 and 8 billion now. I blame the parents.
Just decide how yer going to tell yer kids and grandkids yer sorry for fucking everything up.
Point was not that we aren’t fucked, or haven’t been doing the changes to unfuck ourselves, but as the realisation there’s no other short term easy/technological fix compatible with the dominant system dawns these approaches will move from the fringes to the mainstream - for better or worse.

Point was not that we aren’t fucked, or haven’t been doing the changes to unfuck ourselves, but as the realisation there’s no other short term easy/technological fix compatible with the dominant system dawns these approaches will move from the fringes to the mainstream - for better or worse.
There was a mix of some humour with seriousness in what I said. Wasn't responding to anyone in particular.
We are overwhelmingly in this mess because of capitalism and capitalism isn't possibly part of fixing it.

Life goes on regardless. But there are people out there who respond to human interest news and are clueless about bigger issues.
Everyone in Ireland is more to blame than most of the world. "We're all to fuckin' blame!"

The dead roots off all teh stuff they bulldozed to make that stupid pool table style lawn are more or less whats keeping it half together at that stage. the house is fucked though.

being the dweeb that i am i had to look up the etymology of rapidan - which indeed refers to water rapids. the the wiki said techniclly the dam has been fucked for a few years and they were thinking about getting rid of it.

things of note to me in the video also -
two gates on one side of the dam have no flow.
and all dams have a built in emergency extra flow stream (maybe this one is too old) - but apparently there was a substation where that nice new waterfall is now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back