Classical music fans I need a hand (1 Viewer)

whathappen?

Hi ,
I know nothing about classical music so I need some help. I need some recommendations of very dark cello pieces or a classical cd of cello music. It can be from any country , old or modern it just has to be dark. It's for a play about suicide but wont be used in the score just for rehearsal.
Thanks

just to get the ball rolling, off the top of my head theres this, which gets super mournful around 1.13

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

oh and philip glass's kundun ost

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

thats a sample theres some really morose dramatic business on that theme on that album

the specific tune i was thinking of is called 'chinese invade' from the kundun ost. that'd wipe a smile off anyones face. its on spotify, or you could probably track down the rekkid somewhere else online.

The main one that springs to mind would be the Bach Cello suites 1-6, used to grim effect by ingmar bergman in through a glass darkly, which is about suicide and playwrights! Also Shotstakovich Cello suites 1 and 2 , and shostakovich string quartet no.8 is the bleakest peice of music ever written, and very cello heavy . another is Elgar's Cello Concerto, as played by Jacquline Du Pre or Yo Yo Ma.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back