Classic Album Sundays (1 Viewer)

I thought a lot about doing an album club, like a book club - give everyone a copy of the album for a month then met up and discuss and listen to it...like a lot of things I think of, I didn't do it...

I thought a lot about doing an album club, like a book club - give everyone a copy of the album for a month then met up and discuss and listen to it...like a lot of things I think of, I didn't do it...
I tried this with a group of friends once.

The first album chosen was "the latest Bon Jovi one" and would you believe there was never a second meetup.

This crowd are now doing Classic Album Sunday's Dublin, which kicked off yesterday in the Teacher's Club with The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars. Special guest was Ken Scott, the album's producer.
Was anyone at it? It was an absolute clusterfuck. A total debacle.

This crowd are now doing Classic Album Sunday's Dublin, which kicked off yesterday in the Teacher's Club with The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars. Special guest was Ken Scott, the album's producer.
Was anyone at it? It was an absolute clusterfuck. A total debacle.

No, but you have me intrigued now - what happened?!

No, but you have me intrigued now - what happened?!
Basically the management of the event (or complete lack of) was a total shitstorm. Start time was delayed, no reason given. Huge queue of people left standing around waiting for about an hour. The ticket checking took an age as there was just one guy working from a print out with the smallest script imaginable. On finally getting into the room, it appeared that the "high end" Hi Fi system had only just been set up. We were advised we wouldn't be getting the full on audio experience however, despite the super expensive gear brought in to listen to the album on. Mikes didn't work for the Q+A; the whole thing was incredibly scrappy.
Having said all that when Coleen Murphy did get going (she was very apologetic but still) with the Q+A with Ken Scott, it was enjoyable.
The album playback was largely superfluous though as we weren't getting the super high end audio treatment, so people were free to chat, go to the bar, leave, whatever. A very disappointing turn of events.

Basically the management of the event (or complete lack of) was a total shitstorm. Start time was delayed, no reason given. Huge queue of people left standing around waiting for about an hour. The ticket checking took an age as there was just one guy working from a print out with the smallest script imaginable. On finally getting into the room, it appeared that the "high end" Hi Fi system had only just been set up. We were advised we wouldn't be getting the full on audio experience however, despite the super expensive gear brought in to listen to the album on. Mikes didn't work for the Q+A; the whole thing was incredibly scrappy.
Having said all that when Coleen Murphy did get going (she was very apologetic but still) with the Q+A with Ken Scott, it was enjoyable.
The album playback was largely superfluous though as we weren't getting the super high end audio treatment, so people were free to chat, go to the bar, leave, whatever. A very disappointing turn of events.

Ouch! Doesn't sound the best...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back