clap your hand say yeah (1 Viewer)

hermie

Website
Visit site
anyone heard these yet?sounds good and i quote:

"Clap Your Hands are a five-piece from Brooklyn who're known to break out both harp and harmonica. They've recently been garnering rave press in their home city, and, over just the past two weeks, burning up the internet like a vintage Lohan nipslip. The pundits are saying Wilco (not hearing it), Talking Heads (okay), and Neutral Milk Hotel (getting warmer), but if it checks in with a number of modern and classic new wave referents, the music sings for itself: Clap Your Hands traffics in melodic, exuberant indie rock that pairs the shimmering, wafting feel of Yo La Tengo with a singular vocal presence that sounds like Paul Banks attempting to yodel through Jeff Mangum's throat. Or imagine the Arcade Fire if their music were more fun-loving and less grave"

Pantone247 said:
let me check pitchfork to see if I like them or not...

that's not fair.i'm pretty sick of pitchfork but when i hear something like that it does spark my interest,to be fair they have introduced me to some of my favourite bands.stop slagging me

Pitchfork says you do.
I say you do not and Pitchfork is incorrect, not unusually.

hermie said:
that's not fair.i'm pretty sick of pitchfork but when i hear something like that it does spark my interest,to be fair they have introduced me to some of my favourite bands.stop slagging me

ah I was only joking, I love Sufjan and Arcade Fire... Pitchfork is my home page... I even think Suicide Girls is actually pretty progressive... and not just smutty smutty.... *cry* I'm living a lie!!!

ha-ha,its cool.so you're SGs subscriber then?sicko

Pantone247 said:
ah I was only joking, I love Sufjan and Arcade Fire... Pitchfork is my home page... I even think Suicide Girls is actually pretty progressive... and not just smutty smutty.... *cry* I'm living a lie!!!

hermie said:
ha-ha,its cool.so you're SGs subscriber then?sicko

hey... hey... those girls... respect themselves... and taking off...uh...all... their... clothes... for us guys too... uh... appreciate... appreciate... their boob...uh...bodies... is a... uh...punk rock...and...a... empowering.... thing... thing... for... every... one... to...eh... eh... it's... respect... an issue... of....

*whack-a-whacka-whack*

:)

Pantone247 said:
hey... hey... those girls... respect themselves... and taking off...uh...all... their... clothes... for us guys too... uh... appreciate... appreciate... their boob...uh...bodies... is a... uh...punk rock...and...a... empowering.... thing... thing... for... every... one... to...eh... eh... it's... respect... an issue... of....

*whack-a-whacka-whack*

anyone heard this yet? theres some nice moments on it even if the singer is sometimes a doppleganger for david byrne.

Ellie said:
the country teeth one is bleedin deadly, haven't heard much else, is there anything as good as that one?

yeah thats definately one of the better tunes but theres a few other good tracks also. worth hearing if you like The Skin Of My Yellow Country Teeth.

i found some of the vocals a bit too close to david byrne for comfort. i think they're quite good otherwise.

Unicron said:
I downloaded the 3 songs they have up on their website yesterday. Really like "Is this home on Ice", the other 2 less so but the one where he blatently rips off David Byrne is OK. I'm intruiged.
I downloaded the 3 website tracks and left them soulseek-able - I've had nonstop upstream traffic ever since. Quite the interweb phenomenon.

In other news, two teenage hoodlums threw rocks at my head as I walked home after seeing unsane tonight - I hope to be out of this neighbourhood within 6 weeks :/

eoinOT said:
In other news, two teenage hoodlums threw rocks at my head as I walked home after seeing unsane tonight - I hope to be out of this neighbourhood within 6 weeks :/

jaysis...dicks.:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back