Cinemagoing (5 Viewers)

Its cool. I'll figure it out. how hard can it be? decent seats, decent screen, decent sound, decent food. slightly liberal about sneaky cans.

I think it sounds brilliant.

People don't really want to go to the cinema anymore though as far as I can tell. You have to be endlessly inventive with your scheduling to compete with multi-plexes, big screen TVs and apathy.

If you can make it work though, it would be a very worthwhile endeavour.

My new local but I haven't been in yet.

22305023_3.jpg

I generally hate going to the cinema. What the fuck do I want to watch a big tele in a room full of bollixes for? And pay for it?!

Sometimes it baffles me as to how I managed to put up with being in a band with you for almost 10 years or so. I love going to the cinema! Constantly pissed off that I don't get manage to get it together to go more often though. It's pretty much the only way to see a film in my opinion.

I agree though that if it's full of bollixes then there's no point. But you can avoid that if you (a) don't go to blockbusters (b) don't go to multiplexes and (c) don't go on Saturday night. Any two of the former and you're fine.

Or go to the point village, any time ive been there it has been next to empty. Just me and the wife at cabin in the woods on a saturday afternoon.

Last time i went to see a popular film in cineworld was django unchained and it was pure misery with the people around me.

Once I saw a Jason Statham film in Belfast and I was the only person at the screening. That was sweet/unnerving.

Sometimes it baffles me as to how I managed to put up with being in a band with you for almost 10 years or so. I love going to the cinema! Constantly pissed off that I don't get manage to get it together to go more often though. It's pretty much the only way to see a film in my opinion.

I agree though that if it's full of bollixes then there's no point. But you can avoid that if you (a) don't go to blockbusters (b) don't go to multiplexes and (c) don't go on Saturday night. Any two of the former and you're fine.

hahahah. Of course I'm exaggerating, not that much though.

Actually you're right, I have no place in this thread. Shouldn't comment on something I practically never do. There was a "gigs are shit" thread a while ago and said that they were going to the wrong gigs. Fair enough.

I generally go to either The Lighthouse or the Vue in in Liffey Valley as it's the nearest to me, always annoyed that they don't to any kind of season pass like cineworld, or buy x tickets get the next free like Odeon.

In the past year I've found myself going to 11pm screenings mostly, almost always nice and quiet.

Just watched Edge of Tomorrow in a decent size screen with only about 10 other people in the cinema. Had a whole row to myself. Ticket, drink and popcorn for under a tenner. Fucking bliss. You can stick your £18 Xxtreme Vue screening up your arse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back