Cinemagoing (1 Viewer)

David Kronenbourg

Solutions
Having a whingey day today. So I was going to going to book a ticket for the latest Tom Cruise shoot em up, Edge of Tomorrow, in my local Multiplex because none of the local independent cinemas are showing it. The multiplex were charging £18.00 (€22.00) for a ticket!!!

I found an independent cinema a bit further out that are showing it for £5.50. The screen will probably be a bit smaller but that’s a £13 difference! That’s a shocking amount to be charging for the cinema.

Having a whingey day today. So I was going to going to book a ticket for the latest Tom Cruise shoot em up, Edge of Tomorrow, in my local Multiplex because none of the local independent cinemas are showing it. The multiplex were charging £18.00 (€22.00) for a ticket!!!

I found an independent cinema a bit further out that are showing it for £5.50. The screen will probably be a bit smaller but that’s a £13 difference! That’s a shocking amount to be charging for the cinema.

Is that IMAX 3D for the former?

Is this apples to apples?

In my local multiplex, IMAX 3D, it is $18.50 + $2 (online ordering convenience fee - which is an injustice and I almost never pay)
That's what? £12.50?
In NY that's another $2, so another pound? So I'd say £13.50 is the upper limit here. Nowhere is more expensive than NY.

I can also see it Saturday morning in regular D for about $7 - £4?

Do they still charge for 3D glasses there?

that one needs a big screen buh

Is that IMAX 3D for the former?

Is this apples to apples?

In my local multiplex it is $18.50 + $2 (online ordering convenience fee - which is an injustice and I almost never pay)
That's what? £12.50?
In NY that's another $2, so another pound? So I'd say £13.50 is the upper limit here.

I can also see it Saturday morning in regular D for about $7 - £4?

Do they still charge for 3D glasses there?
Its not Imax. Just a Cineworld multiplex. IMAX in London is less than that. Daylight robbery. i just want to watch Aliens getting smashed to fuck. Don't give a shit if my seat vibrates or about 3d.

It's just your average cinema in a shopping centre type job. And that's standard seating. They're charging £20.00 for "VIP" seating whatever the fuck that is.

It's just your average cinema in a shopping centre type job. And that's standard seating. They're charging £20.00 for "VIP" seating whatever the fuck that is.

This is a cuntage of epic proportions.

Fuck the extra money, I know they're grubby fucks, but assigned seating gives people the sense that they're entitled to fucking toddle in when they feel like it. Then argue with people about 'being in their seat' and demanding tickets - while the film has started.
It's a goddamn outrage.
It angers the blood.

Last night I got a ticket to the new Roman Polanski, a large popcorn and a drink for less than that in my local independent cinema. I still had enough left out of a £20 note to get a slice of pizza on my way home.

Last night I got a ticket to the new Roman Polanski, a large popcorn and a drink for less than that in my local independent cinema. I still had enough left out of a £20 note to get a slice of pizza on my way home.
This place is also in danger of closing because it can’t compete with the multiplexes : (

It’s a great, friendly little cinema housed in a beautiful old art deco building
rio0110.jpg

Yeah, I love the Rio but the screen isn’t massive and it’s not tiered. For the big stuff I go to the Hackney Picturehouse which has a large, tiered screen 1 and is an arthouse/multiplex combo but isn't too much of a ripoff.
HackneyPicturehouse_RG058.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back