Church burning in cork? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter W.
  • Start date
  • Replies 130
  • Views 11K
  • Watchers 7
if you don't want to follow the church don't, but no one has the right to take that away from someone else, we're still young and have alot to learn about living and dying and we will all someday, in one way or another, be dependant on this institution weather its for mass for dead relatives or for burying friends or family -unless people here want to start up a collective where we can comfort each other and bury our friends in squat basements
hardcore yeah!?!

way to ruin the party, this lad's not impressed.
Burzum_Varg2_small.jpg

ravishinrikrude said:
if you don't want to follow the church don't, but no one has the right to take that away from someone else, we're still young and have alot to learn about living and dying and we will all someday, in one way or another, be dependant on this institution weather its for mass for dead relatives or for burying friends or family -unless people here want to start up a collective where we can comfort each other and bury our friends in squat basements
hardcore yeah!?!
Word. Silly and probably PC as it seems, when i saw about the church being burned i thought about my two very old and very ill grandparents who only leave the house to go to mass. I'd a chat with the mother about religion years ago and she pointed out how it keeps very old people going, and sure that's not such a bad thing. I still think they're cunts and need a lot of changing, she thought so too, but for that alone i think burning churches is an arsehole thing to do.

ravishinrikrude said:
and we will all someday, in one way or another, be dependant on this institution weather its for mass for dead relatives or for burying friends or family -unless people here want to start up a collective where we can comfort each other and bury our friends in squat basements
hardcore yeah!?!

Thats not true. There are a number of alternatives. Humanists do funerals, weddings etc. I've been to a funeral done by them before. I found it way better, friendlier, more comforting/understanding etc than a church funeral.

i could point out that the church burnings or alot of them were meant to be inspired by the oldest people, even better than old people. Most of the churches burnt in eastern europe and scandinavia were erected on pagan/odinist or various old world religion places of worship which were tied closer to the local people than roman catholicism, they burnt them down to make a point that what lies under them is important and the history that has been stolen, i could point that out but i wont :D

spuded said:
i could point out that the church burnings or alot of them were meant to be inspired by the oldest people, even better than old people. Most of the churches burnt in eastern europe and scandinavia were erected on pagan/odinist or various old world religion places of worship which were tied closer to the local people than roman catholicism, they burnt them down to make a point that what lies under them is important and the history that has been stolen, i could point that out but i wont :D
Sorry, i should have pointed out, my grandparents live in ireland. Y'know, where the church burnings this thread is about happened :D :D

Seriously though, well kind of anyway, what are the prospects for the elderly in DIY, not necessarily right now but in the future when we're all too fucked to listen to loud amps and heavy drums and too fucked to drink heavily and get mashed.

I for one am in favour of plenty of trad playing.

But apart from that, that Evens gig in the Nicholas of Myra kind of felt like being at mass again, with Fr.Ian McKaye and Sister I dont know what her name is. A bit of talking(preaching:) , a bit of music, a mixed age audience (congregation) etc... could that be an example of possible future gigs as the scene ages over time? With free wine and bread/sos rolls?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back