• Thread starter W.
  • Start date
  • Replies 130
  • Views 11K
  • Watchers 7
a quick google search tells me this is middle class

acomplsb.gif

phew! i'm safe...

Marxists make up lots of classes, like the petit-bourgeois and so on, what fun. Apparently you're Middle Class if you bring a bottle to a party (as a gift) so it looks like all the punx are safe.

:)

weeler said:
Marxists make up lots of classes, like the petit-bourgeois and so on, what fun. Apparently you're Middle Class if you bring a bottle to a party (as a gift) so it looks like all the punx are safe.

what if it's a bottle of cider?

shitepipe said:
the easiesy way to define it is have some kind of a wage structure. over 25 grand a year and yer middle class, over 85 grand and yer upper class. lottery winners are aristocrats. would save alot of sociological arguments.

I'd rather call myself fucking loaded if I won the lotto.

shitepipe said:
the easiesy way to define it is have some kind of a wage structure. over 25 grand a year and yer middle class, over 85 grand and yer upper class. lottery winners are aristocrats. would save alot of sociological arguments.
Nonono
Its your upbringing to, where u grew up, education, parents status etc etc

weeler said:

parties are for finding bottles, not bringing

shitepipe said:

Definition of class membership is classically defined in terms of your relationship to the means of production. So for the most part your income is unrelated, up to a point.

spuded said:
classically defined by who now:confused:

marx, though he did accept that in reality class systems are more complicated. he wrote about splits within class groups and about 'transitional classes', groups crossing over from another system such as farming peasants from the feudal system (he was writing in the 1800s). this theory has been elaborated hugely by various theorists. weber (another german sociological heavyweight who had a massive influence on how we think about class) recognised the existance of resources other than property and wealth that had an impact on class, like educational qualifications. people with such resources could influence the means of production but did not control or have direct influence over it like the capitalist upper class.

Right, this is how it goes in terms of class analysis

Aldi> Lidl> Tescos> Dunnes Stores> Super Value> Superquinn> Marks and Spencers> Health Store> Temple Bar market> Donnybrook Fair

Yeah? :confused: Left anything out? :D

!ironyyy !baggyyyy !cheezy

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back