Church burning in cork? (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter W.
  • Start date
  • Replies 130
  • Views 11K
  • Watchers 7
Shorty said:
Right, this is how it goes in terms of class analysis

Aldi> Lidl> Tescos> Dunnes Stores> Super Value> Superquinn> Marks and Spencers> Health Store> Temple Bar market> Donnybrook Fair

Yeah? :confused: Left anything out? :D

i think tescos should be higher than super valu, it depends on the tescos, though. tescos phibsboro is pretty low in the chain but tesco merrion is only a step below marks and spencers; i also think 'organic produce outlet' should be substituted for 'health store', and you're right, donnybrook fair is fabulous. it must be the only shop anywhere where you can get dutch gold and marinated artichokes in one stop.
"ya, five bottles of dom perignon and 10 dutch please, my good man. and lash a few of those biscotti on my tab while you're at it."

nooly said:
i think tescos should be higher than super valu, it depends on the tescos, though. tescos phibsboro is pretty low in the chain but tesco merrion is only a step below marks and spencers; i also think 'organic produce outlet' should be substituted for 'health store', and you're right, donnybrook fair is fabulous. it must be the only shop anywhere where you can get dutch gold and marinated artichokes in one stop.
"ya, five bottles of dom perignon and 10 dutch please, my good man. and lash a few of those biscotti on my tab while you're at it."
amazing. even within a simple supermarket-based class structure we have disagreement. is there no hope for the human race. :rolleyes:

Originally Posted by thedonal
if you don't believe in the middle classes then spend all day on the internet looking at things like the lifestyles board on thumped
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadySteadyJedi
If you don't believe in the middle classes, go check out the lifestyle board.
Is this some sort of catchphrase? I gotta say Brian's version is better.
i thought it was an obvious dig at brian..
because thats what he was doing...

nooly said:

Yeah but you have to include own brand prices, I also forgot dumpster diving/skipping, that's somewhere between 'organic produce outlet' and temple bar market ;)

Me and my parents just had a huge row out in the street with my neighbours whose kids are constantly looking through our windows (skylight window tonight!) that must be worth some class points.

Patrick Bateman: I'm on a diet.
Jean: What? You're kidding, right? You look great... so fit... and thin.
Patrick Bateman: Well, you can always look thinner.
Jean: Then maybe we shouldn't go out to dinner. I wouldn't want you to lose your willpower.
Patrick Bateman: That's okay. I'm not very good at controlling it anyway.

What I'd like to know is, where does The Bounty Store on Camden Street fit into all of this? I'm sure that some of the stuff on sale there was skipped out of the back of Dunnes in Rathmines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back