Chuggers (1 Viewer)

cyclotron

Since 2000
Surrounded by them everywhere I go these days it seems. Next one to annoy me goes the way of Marco Matteratzi. What do they do with our cash anyway ? Where does it end up ?

the barnardos hippies who prance and mince about ,smiling inanely in their dazed hippy way make me angry

very angry indeed

one of them even curtseys for gods sake

curtseys!!

wendycurtsie.jpg

A new breed of extra aggressive chugger are on the streets now. Yellow tops, some of them look pretty insane and they all stick their hand out for a handshake. I'm not mad on them now.

cyclotron said:
Surrounded by them everywhere I go these days it seems. Next one to annoy me goes the way of Marco Matteratzi. What do they do with our cash anyway ? Where does it end up ?

i loath chuggers with the fury of a thousand suns.

If you have the tme then stay and talk to them for w hile promise loads of money and when the form comes out either laugh in their face or fill it in using obviously answer such as 123 afke street and 12345678 as your bank account, it's the only way to get them back.

Or just tell them to fuck off.

evil bandit said:
If you have the tme then stay and talk to them for w hile promise loads of money and when the form comes out either laugh in their face or fill it in using obviously answer such as 123 afke street and 12345678 as your bank account, it's the only way to get them back.

Or just tell them to fuck off.

You should be doled a slap.

I usually just smile and say I don't have time. Works ok.

I actually work for a charity myself but we don't use this particularly hated form of fundraising. It was suggested at a meeting recently and I let it have both barrels!

Just treat them as an equal and do nice things for them from time to time. They're not asking for the world, just some care and attention every now and then.

If, (let's hypothesise- don't know the specifics) these charities are saving loads of lives in really poor countries and this has proven to be the most successful way of getting individuals to pledge financial support.... is it really that objectionable? I'm prone to a moan about em myself but they're a minor annoyance in the greater scheme of things in my life and presumably in the lives of many others too.

Wormo said:
If, (let's hypothesise- don't know the specifics) these charities are saving loads of lives in really poor countries and this has proven to be the most successful way of getting individuals to pledge financial support.... is it really that objectionable? I'm prone to a moan about em myself but they're a minor annoyance in the greater scheme of things in my life and presumably in the lives of many others too.

i just don't like anyone that makes eye contact with me on the street

There's different types of chuggers as well. The likes of Concern and Amnesty have full-time chuggers, but there are also agency chuggers who just work for whatever charity has them on contract at the time. I saw one of these guys off-duty at the cinema once. I was dying to tap him on the shoulder, ask him questions, and then stand in his way when he tried to walk past me. I'm not a prick tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back