Chuggers (1 Viewer)

GORILLAMUNCH said:
he had a bag of paintings. i've never seen this before...door to door picture selling?

i've had that.

i've also had an old lady calling to my door just asking for money.

door to door begging.

we need a war or something

GORILLAMUNCH said:
yeah all my mates wear blue windsheeters and carry clipboards - it gets very confusnig

just walk past them and stop being whiney bitches
it's very easy

Yeah they don't all carry clipboards or wear those vest things though pfftfsvghk.

GORILLAMUNCH said:
they don't? where do they keep their forms?
do they make you write stuff out on their back?
There's the ones that sell scratch cards. I think they work for the Hanley Institute.

GORILLAMUNCH said:
then some polish prick showed up the next day "i am student, i am selling the pictures"

he had a bag of paintings. i've never seen this before...door to door picture selling?

I was down at my folks in the countryside in fucking laois and we got this.
Imigrants, taking jobs off irish beggars.

GORILLAMUNCH said:
then some polish prick showed up the next day "i am student, i am selling the pictures"

the same guy called to us too, said the exact same thing. i find a big smiley "no thank you!" works a treat, from chuggers to mormons.

My two lines for are:

1. When they ask you for a minute of your time tell them they can have two but they're not getting any money. This confuses them a bit and they might say that's ok then and leave you alone.

2. Tell them that I'm only visiting and I don't have an Irish Bank Account. This one's usually responded to with a "but you're Irish aren't you?" To which I reply yeah but I live foreign and then walk away.

Both responses tend to leave them with a puzzled look. However one girl started asking me what I was doing in Wales. Wasn't sure if this was some sorta trickery or whether she was interested, either I didn't trust her so I told I had to get back to work, cue more confusion.

i agree with the blanking them altogether approach. i find if you speak to them at all they'll have another response which will in turn require you to think up something else and such an exchange is highly dangerous and to be avoided at all costs. i have a standing order for some crowd, i forget who, that i ended up setting up when i was foolish enough to stop and listen to one young lady in temple bar a few years ago. when i told her i hadnt got my bank details on me she offered to accompany me to the bank so that i could get them and this caught me off guard and i ended up admitting that i did infact have my bank details on me and i handed them over without further argument.

not that i begrudge the charity the price of a pint a week or anything...

Cormcolash said:
I question the psychological meaning of the general reaction here to people that do this job. When I see these guys on the street, I walk right past them like they aren't there, they get no reaction from me because I do not know them and therefore have no interest in speaking to them. Also I am usually on the way somewhere and have no time to speak to them anyway. Their existence does not hinder me in anyway, I do not think twice of walking straight past them or straight through them if they try to stand in my way.

thats exactly what i do. earphones set to loud. head down. march in a brisk manor, dont egnolidge(sp?) beggers or chuggers. gets you from point a to point b without having to give away your money/bank details ect.

Fucking hate him.

200px-Keithchegwin.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back