Chromebooks (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter ron
  • Start date
  • Replies 8
  • Views 808
  • Watchers 1

ron

Can anyone recommend a chromebook with a non-clunky touchpad?

I've a newish HP chromebook and the touchpad is f%%king horrific and tiring.

My last Dell laptop had a rolls royce touch pad by comparison.

i've a fairly old (5 years?) Toshiba chromebook and the touchpad is.... grand? I don't really use it frequently enough or for long enough at a time to, so maybe it's actually awful?

The Asus one is pretty good.
Also you can get a fancier touchscreen one that does a flippy thing. It looks cool but costs around €550.

What are these things? My understanding is that it's a Chrome browser in a box? Am I wrong? my mother in law wants one because someone she knows has one, asked me for advice.

What are these things? My understanding is that it's a Chrome browser in a box? Am I wrong? my mother in law wants one because someone she knows has one, asked me for advice.
Pretty much, yeah, if you think of Chrome as an operating system not a browser.

The real benefit is they’re so simple to use, but you can still do plenty with them.

GF is looking for a new laptop for, I guess, "word processing". A chromebook can run Microsoft Office and can do basic internetting, right?

Can anyone recommend a chromebook with a non-clunky touchpad?

I've a newish HP chromebook and the touchpad is f%%king horrific and tiring.

My last Dell laptop had a rolls royce touch pad by comparison.

https://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/l...hd-2-in-1-laptop-platinum-grey/1600450871.prd

Bought this a few weeks back. I don't need a laptop with lightning fast processors etc, I just needed something to do the online bits and bobs that wasn't a phone or tablet. It can do all sorts of acrobatics with its hinges so it has a tablet 'mode'. The touchpad isn't clunky, but if you need to use a chromebook for anything other than basic Internet stuff and maybe letters, this is definitely not a good buy!

Chromebook is super quick to charge and battery life is deadly but HP touchpaaaadddd....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back