Choice Music Prize (1 Viewer)

it was such a bleeding obvious one that it really needed restating

Ah God relax, Panty, you're missing my point entirely.

Last year is last year, I'm just saying the failure of one single woman to make a shortlist of the best Irish albums of a given year is a pity, but that it's no mad surprise with the poor female representation around.

Ah God relax, Panty, you're missing my point entirely.

Last year is last year, I'm just saying the failure of one single woman to make a shortlist of the best Irish albums of a given year is a pity, but that it's no mad surprise with the poor female representation around.

Or the failure of one Irish woman to make a decent record... meow!

(okay, okay, I'll finish that with "...in the eyes of the Choice Music Awards Judges..." actually I'm surprised Miriam Ingram isn't in there, also Anne Scott and Leanne Token Emo Kid who's name I have forgotten, but her album could be muck, who knows... so I wouldn't say it's "poor representation" but I wouldn't start buring any bras at the sexism of it all either...)

current odds:

snow patrol: 6-4
the immediate: 3-1
director: 6-1
duke special: 7-1
fionn regan: 8-1
the divine comedy: 10-1
si schroeder: 14-1
david kitt: 16-1
messiah j: 16-1
republic of loose: 20-1

Seeing as Director have already won the Meteor Awards they're nominated for (their management company was bought out by a certain concert promoter) I doubt if they have a hope here. My (borrowed) money is on The Immediate as the judges will undoubtedly want to portray themselves both as cool and rocking this year.

I think the bookies have it wrong this time as on the night, when the judges have all gathered to select their winner, they will suddenly note that Snow Patrol have sent the keyboard player or a roadie along to the ceremony on the bands behalf. To save face they won't want to give it to them. Er, him. Um, probably.

Pity Anne Scott didn't make it. "We're Smiling" is a cracking, sizzling album, and certainly the best thing Karl Odlum has ever produced.

Thanks be to fuck The Blizzards didn't make it. Is there any escape from these Revs replacements at the moment?

Si Schroeder all the way.

Haven't heard all the albums mentioned , but I'd wager my left nut that in terms of cutting new ground - he's definately ahead of the pack. Honourable mention goes to MJEX who really stepped up their game, their live show is bad.

"And not bad meaning bad, but bad meaning good." - Run DMC

ANN SCOTT not Anne and yes her album should have been nominated.

Duke Special will win this. He was on Jools don't you know so he must be great. I haven't heard any of these albums so I actually have no opinion on who I think should win.

I heard what I could only assume was The Blizzards album while I was trying on some clothes in a shop in Longford over Christmas there.

Jesus Christ.

from irish Times & Brian Boyd -

The choice music prize - which was set up last year - seeks to highlight irish music albums from music genres which are not generally recognised by the mainstream media

---

so why have snow patrol been nominated?

have only heard SS and FR album. Si S all the way.

and at 14-1, is surely worth a tenner.

The only song off any of these albums that I really like is that ROL song "Break". Oh and I heard some Fionn Regan tune yesterday that was very good, very Mumblin Deaf Ro-ish guitar playing. Haven't heard any of the albums in their entirety though, just stuff on the radio

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back