China House closed ... (1 Viewer)

hugh

Contributor
Since 2000
Solutions
:mad:

Tried to eat there last night. Sign outside saying its closed for renovations. Is that a euphemism for "closed by the health inspectors"?

Bummer anyway. Went to another Chinese place a few doors down. It was good but not a patch on China House ...

did the same last night, and i really like how the other place had cans and bottles and open bin bags against and under the table nearest the kitchen. nicer menu though.

china house still looked like it had all the tables and chairs out, so unless they're renovating the kitchen...?

carbide said:
did the same last night, and i really like how the other place had cans and bottles and open bin bags against and under the table nearest the kitchen. nicer menu though.
Hey - we were at that table! Were you the people that left the huge mess before us? Or were you the people who had to deal with the huge mess after we left?

carbide said:
china house still looked like it had all the tables and chairs out, so unless they're renovating the kitchen...?

Yeah that's probably what's going on.

hugh said:
Hey - we were at that table! Were you the people that left the huge mess before us? Or were you the people who had to deal with the huge mess after we left?

nope, the people sitting against the other wall, marvelling at the huge mess.

ICUH8N said:
Thumped members in "passing each other like ships in the night" shocker.

legion_l.jpg

hugh said:
:mad:

Tried to eat there last night. Sign outside saying its closed for renovations. Is that a euphemism for "closed by the health inspectors"?

Bummer anyway. Went to another Chinese place a few doors down. It was good but not a patch on China House ...

Could well be. I remember the Bankok Cafe on Parnell St having the same sign outside too. The real reason was that the health inspectors found rat excrement on the blades of one of the meal slicers. I had eaten there only a few weeks previously. Yum.

oh you can find out, on some website. I shall now endeavour to find out which one, I've checked before.

kirstie said:
http://www.fsai.ie/enforcement/order/enf_criteria.asp

v handy, you can search and find out what restaurants are dodgy. all of them on moore and parnell st it appears...

Wow! China House not there though as far as I can see ...

Anyway, I'm an adventurous type. I'm willing to take my chances. When I think of some of the shit I've eaten when abroad I'm willing to risk someone on Moore street not having the right type of cooker or something.

Just don't eat the salad and everything should be fine.

hugh said:

Anyway, I'm an adventurous type. I'm willing to take my chances. When I think of some of the shit I've eaten when abroad I'm willing to risk someone on Moore street not having the right type of cooker or something.

Thats the spirit. Lifes too short.

rat shite on cutting utensils = authentic chinese tradition
week old chicken on the turn = age old natural curing technique
slugs on lettuce = testament to the freshness of the produce

yeah me and all, I've never even had so much as a twitch from eating on moore st and we've gone loads o times.

hugh said:

kirstie said:
yeah me and all, I've never even had so much as a twitch from eating on moore st and we've gone loads o times.
Thats only cos you were too chicken to eat the deep fried guts the last time, urgh.

china house appears to have gotten cheaper since the move also. last time we were in it was €40 for the four of us, and more food than could possibly be eaten by a hundred humans. so fucking yum too.

fried cashew nuts with chicken, ang ang ang ang ang.....

Yeah I was too chicken to try the deep fried guts too. Maybe next time ..... what's it like? I suppose it's just that there are so many tasty things on the menu the guts are never really gonna make it into the top 10.

China House is the closest thing I've had to real Chinese food .. like the stuff you get in China. Please come back soon! Please come back!

kirstie said:
http://www.fsai.ie/enforcement/order/enf_criteria.asp

v handy, you can search and find out what restaurants are dodgy. all of them on moore and parnell st it appears...

funny site

few years back, some dude in Crumlin who made sandwiches from his garage (to be supplied to shops etc) got a visit from the health inspectors. While they were there a bird flew into the coleslaw making yoke he had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back