chicks on speed (4 Viewers)

dudley said:
did the culprit get caught?
Not that I saw, but I left soon after. The people up the front must have seen whoever did it, though.

It's funny, yesterday was 9 years exactly since I met my girlfriend at a Damned gig, and there wasn't half as much property damage at said old school punk event as there was from the trendy crowd last night.

Ha ha!... you guys all thought that was a laptop? It was just a mirror. So the culprit has got seven years bad luck.

I couldn't go. I just watched the Salon on E4 and listened to the washing machine.

Ed said:
That seems to be a pretty regular occurance at the moment, most gigs i've been at recently have had a pretty strong trendy presence. Some bands attract more of 'em than others, i have an irrational dislike of those people, despite the fact that i don't know any of em.

glass throwing? trendy people? :mad:
i am so glad i had no money to go.

Trendy haircut people go to gigs when the band have a name like 'Chicks on Speed'.

And people throwing stuff? Irish audiences have a real problem with interacting with bands. I swear we are the worst in the world for heckling. I was so embarrassed to be irish at that Michael Gira gig, man NO-ONE would shut up, it was like EVERYBODY had to get their smart comment in before the next track started or whatever. Its not even like people were making good wisecracks, but still everyone was laughing at everything everyone said.

It was about as funny as Kirsties Home Videos Uncut.

I think Irish audiences need to be a bit more humble, realise that the artist is in fact on the stage in front of them and to do as little as possible to upstage or disrupt the show.

"play duh darknesssS"
man that guy wasn't funny. although one guy did say to his mate "i didn't know charles manson was out" when devendra was playing. that amused me. (he looks and sounds like him!!!)

andrew

ps - were we meant to practise last night?

Trendy people go to MCD gigs. Ok, that's a sweeping statement, but if an indie promoter booked the same band, it would probably attract a smaller and different crowd. I was a bit annoyed that MCD didn't book any support for them, too. But that only annoyed me until the glass-throwing incident. I thought COS were great, a real spectacle, and worth seeing regardless.

I'm not even Irish and I was embarrassed that I was part of the 'Dublin audience' that will be remembered for being ignorant because of one person's dumb idea.

Of course, imagine what would have happened if someone with less money than MCD were responsible for that laptop? My question is perhaps based on my broad generalisation of the whole 'MCD gig' vibe, but I'm curious: do people here think that smaller promoters tend, at least in general, to attract a crowd that is less likely to see the divide between performer/band and 'audience' as not such a firm one? In other words, do smaller indie promoters putting on gigs encourage ideas that bands are 'one of us', and maybe end up with fewer ignorant jerks who would actually throw things?

We only had a few problems at the GZ gigs at the Parnell Mooney, and that was only ever a couple of people who thought wrecking the toilets was cool and fun.

I know it only takes one idiot to throw a glass, but I just wonder what people here think?

what part did you live in?
(pm takes too long)

i now have a gaff in avoca
its full of knackers but the scenery is amazing

particularly good this time of year wooooooooooo
nature boy

In the briary, just near the horse paddock.

thegoone said:
what part did you live in?
(pm takes too long)

i now have a gaff in avoca
its full of knackers but the scenery is amazing

particularly good this time of year wooooooooooo
nature boy

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back