chicks on speed (2 Viewers)

helena kim said:
anyone know who the support is for chicks on speed tonight? thanks!

if you can get hold of the event guide, i think they had support band named but i can't remember who they were.

cheryl said:
if you can get hold of the event guide, i think they had support band named but i can't remember who they were.
I looked on the event guide website (I'm not going out in that black daylight to get a paper one!), but no listing. Have last week's event guide. No listing. Oh well. Guess it'll be a surprise. Hope it's a nice one -- for 12.50 plus ticketmaster cokedealer payoff, it had better be!

See you there, Cheryl. I'm still carrying my spoon.

nEiLo said:
Deadly buzz!

it was like Smack The Pony on Speed

anyone know what happened to the Mac?
when the started playing kaltes klares wasser ('cold clear water') they were throwing water into the crowd. some clever dick responded by throwing a (i think) a pint glass at them. the screen on that g4 looked totally fuckered. hope they manage to sort something out for playing cork tomorrow.

yay dublin. :mad:

helena kim said:
when the started playing kaltes klares wasser ('cold clear water') they were throwing water into the crowd. some clever dick responded by throwing a (i think) a pint glass at them. the screen on that g4 looked totally fuckered. hope they manage to sort something out for playing cork tomorrow.

.this seems to be the flavour of the month at the moment throwuing glasses at bands..the killing joke got one lashed at their drum kit a couple of weeks ago..doesnt encourage people to play again.

Latex lizzie said:
.this seems to be the flavour of the month at the moment throwuing glasses at bands..the killing joke got one lashed at their drum kit a couple of weeks ago..doesnt encourage people to play again.
i'm going to glass you next time you play...

if you throw water at a crowd you shouldn't be too surprised if somebody throws some water back at you. especially if you are all for like empowering the sisters and shit.

it's like that time bright eyes was smashing glasses having one of his "turns". how would he feel if i just jumped up on stage and started smashing pint glasses in the middle of his set.

helena kim said:

yup, what a fucking idiot. there's a world of difference between throwing water and throwing glass. at least it didn't hit one of the band.

apart from that horrid incident, i thought it was really enjoyable - more so than i expected from an entertainment that also featured live on-stage knitting. super good fun. and they played "eurotrash girl"! which rocks!

was anyone else somewhat surprised by the uber-trendiosity of the crowd? there seemed to be far more avant-garde dynamic haircuts around than at the kind of gigs i normally go to.

minka said:
was anyone else somewhat surprised by the uber-trendiosity of the crowd? there seemed to be far more avant-garde dynamic haircuts around than at the kind of gigs i normally go to.
Yeah, it was like being trapped in a Studio Line ad circa 1985, I felt ridiculously underdressed. But it was fun up to the incident.

minka said:
That seems to be a pretty regular occurance at the moment, most gigs i've been at recently have had a pretty strong trendy presence. Some bands attract more of 'em than others, i have an irrational dislike of those people, despite the fact that i don't know any of em.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back